Does anyone have a sound clip of the inner baffle drilled on the stock exhaust?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmcandrew

Reaction score
Once I get over 50mph I can't hear anything but the wind...want to louden it up a bit, but not too much and for very little coin...

Your thoughts are appreciated...

Last edited:
Here is mine:
[youtube]9OK5hyEotiQ[/youtube]

And with a comparison to Cobras:
[youtube]2J27UL20vyE[/youtube]

I don't have a sound clip, but I loved how my exhaust sounded. My baffle was punched out, and I drilled out the end caps. I got lots of compliments. There are some threads on here that explain how to do it.

I appreciate the sound clips, but does anyone have a clip of just the inner baffle drilled out...not the 5 hole cover plate mod...

Thanks

I think if you fart loudly in a bucket you get just about the same sound ;-)

Do yourself a favor and grab a pair of s/h Supertrapps or similar, a lot of cheap ones keep popping up here, on CL and on fleaBay. And, you'll save a shitload of weight too!

I appreciate the sound clips, but does anyone have a clip of just the inner baffle drilled out...not the 5 hole cover plate mod...

Thanks

I think the reason few have responded to your request is that the sound either wasn't what the modder wanted , therefore they kept changing or drilling the end cap to get the sound they wanted or they just changed the stockers for aftermarket upgrades , jets , etc. It's just what we do. :punk:

Looked for something reasonable used...but nothing out there at the moment...like I said when starting the thread...I don't want to spend much coin, if any...I can't imagine spending hundreds on slip-ons that do nothing more than add noise...especially when the OEMs look nice...weight not an issue as I'm fat and could save 60lbs easily by taking care of myself...

Rollie - I'm all for mods...have plenty myself, but need to feel I'm getting some bang for the buck...I understand everyone has their own perceptions...I need to see tangible value for money I spend...it's just me...

If your stockers are nice , you may be able to get some $ for them. I would save up and go straight to a Marks or Kerker exhaust with a Stage 7 or Morleys jet kit to get some bang & boom for your buck.

Went to HD and got a 12" extension and the 1" wholesaw for $20. Punching the holes in the deflector took a whapping 3 min...couldn't fire it up as kid was napping...I'll let you know my thoughts after I hear it tonight. However, on the surface, it was the easiest/cheapest mod thus far...

Went to HD and got a 12" extension and the 1" wholesaw for $20. Punching the holes in the deflector took a whapping 3 min...couldn't fire it up as kid was napping...I'll let you know my thoughts after I hear it tonight. However, on the surface, it was the easiest/cheapest mod thus far...

I had a vid of mine somewhere, but I didn't see this thread until now.
Mine sounded great with the deflector drilled out, and awesome with the v-boost on at idle!
The deflector mod gave it a nicer note. The Marks has better everything else, but I'll probably never have that insane idle that I used to have!

Bazwell - I finally fired it up yesterday...sounds a bit more throatier at idle and really barks when the throttle is twisted...I've done a number of wet farts in my day...this mod in no way/shape/form sounds anything like a wet fart. Can't speak for the 5 hole mod, but I like the deflector mod!! Plus drilling 2 holes is way easier than drilling out 10 rivits & then 10 holes...

Well...drove the bike into work...first ride with the deflector mod...I can finally hear my bike!!! Others can hear as well as every car I came up behind had that "nervous look in the rear-view mirror" thing going on. Hit 80 on the short stretch of highway I have...was nice to hear the bike and not just the wind...

I'm glad somebody else think it works! Might mean I'm not crazy.
Doubt it though.

Bazwell - Did you do any carb tweaking after drilling? Haven't yanked the plugs so not sure if mod made any noticible difference...

Latest posts

Back