Does anyone have a spare set of forks to sell?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
I would like to get a new set of forks for my 02, really my right fork is the only one that is bad, but if I can find a set, I'll take it. I didn't know if there is anyone out there that is doing the USD conversion that wants to sell their stockers or not. Anyway if you know of some, send me a PM.

Thanks,

Jeff

That really isn't off topic, but remember a few years ago when if forgot to put in the pinch bolt on my front axle, and I was doing 125+mph and my front axle kind of "came out" and the rotor ate into the side of the lower right fork leg. Well, after taking it apart, the remaining material is quite thin and it is slightly deformed so I just need replace it before something bad happens. I didn't even ride it once last year and I need to spend some time on getting it back into decent riding condition. Really all I need is the lower leg, but if someone has a whole set, that is just as easy to replace.

That really isn't off topic, but remember a few years ago when if forgot to put in the pinch bolt on my front axle, and I was doing 125+mph and my front axle kind of "came out" and the rotor ate into the side of the lower right fork leg. Well, after taking it apart, the remaining material is quite thin and it is slightly deformed so I just need replace it before something bad happens. I didn't even ride it once last year and I need to spend some time on getting it back into decent riding condition. Really all I need is the lower leg, but if someone has a whole set, that is just as easy to replace.

OK cool... I thought as much, but didn't want to assume.

I think some nice chrome legs would look cool on there... :eusa_dance:

I rode mine like three times I think. I'm actually contemplating leaving it in storage this year... Family and all...

blink000.gif
blink000.gif

street or drag bike?

Which side was it Jeff? I have a few legs but not sure if I have one with the rock guard.

This was on my street bike, I almost lost it... and my undies have the proof.

It is the right fork leg Sean. I kind of want black (mine are currently silver) and mine does have the rock guard as well.

Hey Jeff

I have a full front set but im across the pond and the shipping would be outrageous and if you only want the right leg try to get it from a wrecked bike or something on ebay or with Sean even better and easier. Can?t the rock guard be fitted on '90s vmaxes? if that can be done you have a wider selection to look for. Wish you luck on that

This was on my street bike, I almost lost it... and my undies have the proof.

It is the right fork leg Sean. I kind of want black (mine are currently silver) and mine does have the rock guard as well.
I remember you posting about that Jeff! That was a close one!

...I kind of want black (mine are currently silver) and mine does have the rock guard as well.

Just rattle can them black. The forks on my 2003 were pitted and kind of discolored in places. I sanded the pits out and spray painted them matte black in the winter of 2009 thinking that the next winter I would have them powdercoated. After looking at them this year, I decided to leave them as is as they still looked great!

Can?t the rock guard be fitted on '90s vmaxes?
Can't be retrofitted. One of the reasons my 97 has 2003 forks. I built up the 03's with Race Tech springs and emulators and sold my 97's on eBay completely rebuilt and powdercoated with new seals, etc. The paint on the 96 and 97 fork legs was terrible. Chipped very easily!

I will someday look for a newer frontend with stonegards, I have my '92 forks setup the way I like so no reason to rush. I'll find a set for the right price one day.

Last edited:
Jeff, I have the lower tubes off Sallymax....they were in the wreck and the caliper boss's are broken off but I have the peices. The caliper took a hit from the side and it snapped off, the tubes weren't hit, the boss's could be welded I'm sure.

'06, black w/rock guards....let me know if you want some pics.

Just found one. What about the left side? I got that one too, in pretty decent shape.

I sure dragged this one out....!

Here's the left side.

Attachments

• 100_1429.jpg
    100_1429.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_1432.jpg
    100_1432.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 14
Now we know how you got to 6K posts ! :rofl_200:

We have a fix for that... :eusa_dance:

I don't think I'd feel comfy running any suspension component that looked like that at one time. I'm over safe I'm sure, but I guess I can be.

That fork may be good for the person that wants to shave the right caliper off for a cleaner look.

Chris

Yep, If Jeff isn't interested we might be. I have a wheel with single sided caliper that might like it. OR, Jeff - we can weld those back on his fork for you. With Ryans aircraft certification I am confident the weld will hold and work just fine.

Sean

Now we know how you got to 6K posts ! :rofl_200:

Haha....BUSTED!! :rofl_200:

The magic wand was just used!:biglaugh:

Gotta love that wand....eh, BB!! :worthy:

We have a fix for that... :eusa_dance:
Chris

Thanks Chris.....just a matter of me completing my thoughts before posting, which I hardly ever do! :biglaugh:

Yep, If Jeff isn't interested we might be. I have a wheel with single sided caliper that might like it. OR, Jeff - we can weld those back on his fork for you. With Ryans aircraft certification I am confident the weld will hold and work just fine.

Sean

I kinda figured it was fixable, just never pursued it.

Back