Does anyone recognize this part???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kball

Reaction score
Putting a vmax together that's been apart for a year. Don't have much left and I have no clue where this fits.

Attachments

• 1462148975785.jpg
    1462148975785.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 76
I'll give someone else a try since these things don't usually stump me anymore. The answer is
R***T S***P

Right scoop heat shield.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I think it could be this one, there is a rubber fastener that pokes through the hole in the part you have pictured. It should be just under your right scoop
Part%20ID.jpg

Part #20 in this diagram
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2007/V-MAX+CA+-+VMX12W1C/SIDE+COVER/parts.html

"Pat.....................I'd like to solve the puzzle." :biglaugh:

The metal clips help hold it to the bottom of the R***T S***P and the rubber dust cover (now obsolete?) number 19 in this link connects to hole in the angled section of the part in question.

Why obsolete? :ummm: Unavailable maybe but you need it to help keep the top of the motor clean I would think. :confused2:

Mmmm....big fan of Root Soup!!

Why obsolete? :ummm: Unavailable maybe but you need it to help keep the top of the motor clean I would think. :confused2:

Mmmm....big fan of Root Soup!!

That's what I thought! It didn't mention it but it must have just been replaced by a newer part number. No time to look atm as I'm just waiting on some slot software to finish uploading.

Latest posts

Back