Does aomeone in the forum have a 2015

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
When I dropped my vmax because the kickstand broke, At first I thought maybe only the kickstand spring got relaxed enough to come off the kickstand. I looked at the kickstand spring and it was stretched out so bad there was no "J" at the end. I ordered the whole spring assembly.

I'm still not convinced that the kickstand is OK, to me it makes the Vmax lean way too much. I may have to replace the whole kickstand assembly.

Does anyone that has a 2015 have a good pic of the bike on the kickstand, from the back and front would be great so I can compare. I know any Gen 2 would be the same so any year would be fine, a 2015 would be perfect .

Right now I am thinking that the bike leans way too much on the kickstand, I noticed with the front wheel turned to the right it seems to put less weight on the kickstand. I'm trying to figure out if I damaged the kickstand more than I thought when I dropped it off that dolly. I bought a much better made dolly or "motomover" and when I drove it onto it and put the kickstand down the front wheel was turned tot he left so it really looked like it leaned way too much. I guess I have to establish how the bike looks when it is leaning on the kickstand, so to compare another bike would help do that and that is why I asked for some pic's.

Thanks

Last edited:
Did you check those manuals that were put up yesterday for both generations?
I think it was Mike Moore.

I'm not sure I know what you are talking about, I have the user guide and the 2009 manual. I just want to see some pictures.

Look thru those manuals, they're free and worth a look,,,many thanks for that info too. I have the service manual hard copy and digital, but to have the parts break downs help as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the manuals and I have looked at them. I'm asking if someone has a few pic's that show the bike from the front and back on the kickstand.

If you don't have any pic's that is fine but that is what I would like to see. I added more info tot he original post if you care to go back and read it, it may help you help me better.

Last edited:
I have the manuals and I have lk=looked at them. I'm asking if someone has a few pic's that show the bike from the front and back on the kickstand.

If you don't have any pic's that is fine but that is what I would like to see.

Might sound kinda stupid but what if you typed it in google under images

Look thru those manuals, they're free and worth a look,,,many thanks for that info too. I have the service manual hard copy and digital, but to have the parts break downs help as well

Thanks for your advice but that isn't what I asked.

Yes it can be, I just put 2015 in case someone had one that way It would be comparing apples to apples. But like you said any Gen 2 will do. I just want to see how they lean so I can judge if mine is leaning too much, I think it is, a couple of good pic's one from the back and one from the front with the focus on how they lean.

Also instead of starting a new thread If anyone has lowered their Vmax I'd be interested in knowing what they used.

Re: Does someone in the forum have a 2015

Ron if you decide to lower your bike I have an extra 2 inch ufo lowering link available 50 plus shipping and paypal fees ..

Thanks I will keep that in mind, most people who bought the 2" ended up buying the 1 " and liked it better. I'm still trying to find out why.

I also asked Sean to advise me on this. At this point I'm not even sure how it is lowered so I need to research that as well.

Thanks for the reply I will keep the PM in case I want the 2" and you still have it.

Ron

Use whichever one you desire. I've got one myself as well and just haven't installed it yet (we sell the Voodoo version). I will probably put on the -2" version but that is only because there isn't many curvy roads around here where i need to keep the ground clearance.

Use whichever one you desire. I've got one myself as well and just haven't installed it yet (we sell the Voodoo version). I will probably put on the -2" version but that is only because there isn't many curvy roads around here where i need to keep the ground clearance.

I live north of you next to Fargo ND and there isn't that many curves here either and if there are I am not the type who takes a corner with a deep lean. Too damn old.

Do you know of any installation video's for the lowering kits. I would like to lower it the least I need so at this point all I know is there is a lowering kit for the Gen 2's. Maybe a 1" and a re-form of my seat might be enough for me but before I make a decision I need to know more about how it's done and it'd be nice to see a before and after pic.

These are all the things I need to do before I buy anything.

Thanks
Ron

Ron if you decide to lower your bike I have an extra 2 inch ufo lowering link available 50 plus shipping and paypal fees ..

I'd like to be able to see the instructions for installing it. Do you have a copy by chance??

Could someone please take a pic of your Vmax left side with kickstand down. I want to see where the kickstand lines up so if you take a pic for me please take it straight on so I can see the side of the Vmax and the kickstand and where it is when it is down.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 2015-Yamaha-VMAX-Motorcycles-For-Sale-10520.jpg
    2015-Yamaha-VMAX-Motorcycles-For-Sale-10520.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 2015-Yamaha-VMAX-Motorcycles-For-Sale-47557.jpg
    2015-Yamaha-VMAX-Motorcycles-For-Sale-47557.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 16
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 15
  • yamaha-vmax-2009-1.jpg
    yamaha-vmax-2009-1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 18
Might sound kinda stupid but what if you typed it in google under images
Didn't sound stupid to me!
So I googled "2015 Yamaha v max" and found hundreds of pics.
The last one doesn't show lean angle, but instead the fine lines of the front end.
Cheers!

Only one showed the kickstand, the reason I wanted to have someone take a pic straight on so I can see where the kickstand is compared to the rest of the bike. it has to be a starlight shot.

Trust me guys I know you are only trying to help but I am a very direct person and when I ask a question there is a reason behind my madness.

Here is a pic of my Vmax and focusing on the kickstand. I'd like to know if when others have the kickstand down do it end up in the same place?

When I dropped my Vmax in the garage from the faulty dolly I want to make sure I didn't damage the kickstand any more than I thought. The best way is to compare where the kickstand is at the full down position as in my pic below.
kickstand.jpg

Ron, I had this in mind when I sent the pics......

Yes it can be, I just put 2015 in case someone had one that way It would be comparing apples to apples. But like you said any Gen 2 will do. I just want to see how they lean so I can judge if mine is leaning too much, I think it is, a couple of good pic's one from the back and one from the front with the focus on how they lean.
So you would agree that the pics show the lean angle of the bike?
If so, does your bike lean at the same angle?

What you really want to know is did the kickstand itself bend when the bike dropped off the dolly. Of course if it did bend, with the bend going in the direction of the front wheel, the bike would lean more., because a bend in this direction would have the effect of shortening the stand.
A bend in the opposite direction (towards the rear wheel) would have the opposite effect, and the bike wouldn't lean as much. Simple geometry.
I don't have a Gen2, so I can't help you with the specific photo that you request.

However, based on the sidestand arrangement of the Gen 1.....
The sidestand itself is straight. The lean angle is determined by it's length, the location of the pivot point, and the location of the frame stop, which sets the angle.
Many folks who have lowered the suspension on their bikes have also had to shorten the sidestand, either by cutting a section of it out and re-welding (the most popular method) or by bending the sidestand in the direction of the front wheel.
I'm guessing that the Gen 2 sidestand is also manufactured straight.
Does it look to be straight? If it has a bend towards the front wheel, then yes, your bike will have more lean angle. If your sidestand is straight, and your bike has the same lean angle as the one in the photos, I would say "don't worry about it"....nothing got damaged. Hope this helps.
Cheers!

I'm thinking when the bike dropped the kickstand jammed enough to relax the spring which is why the spring and the piece that holds it come off. To me the kickstand doesn't look bent, I hope it isn't and I sure don't want to spend $160 to replace it and see the same lean, you get what my concern is ?

I have always been a center stand guy so the kickstand may just make the bike appear to lean more, that is where my confusion is coming from.

I'm hoping more guys with Gen 2 look at the pic and say it looks like mine.

crossed fingers

Ron

Latest posts

Back