• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

does this exist?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gree0728

Reaction score
I'm looking for a different faux gas tank cover for my 2006. However, the one thing I wish I could do on my vmax is lay over the tank a little more like on more of sport bike. I could do this easily if there was a... taller faux tank cover that I could swap on to the bike. Does anyone know of a place I could find such a thing? Or is there a good way to make one from another bike's tank cover?

thanks!

Attachments

• 20170626_210847.jpg
    20170626_210847.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 79
I'm looking for a different faux gas tank cover for my 2006. However, the one thing I wish I could do on my vmax is lay over the tank a little more like on more of sport bike. I could do this easily if there was a... taller faux tank cover that I could swap on to the bike. Does anyone know of a place I could find such a thing? Or is there a good way to make one from another bike's tank cover?

thanks!
It would be a bit of body work to build one custom. But i think you got the right idea. Cut one to place on top of the existing, get contours to line up and weld er up. I'm sure much easier said than done.
Or if you wernt looking for much added height you could hammer out the contour from stock tank. That would probably take a very skilled craftsman to do that. Those are just a couple of guesses.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

That OVER Racing cover is $296 Maxcruiser mentioned.

Why did you include a pic of your bike, gree0728? Just to show which model you have? I thought it might be a raised tank you found a pic of, but it appears to be yours, yes? I flipped it for you.

The Gen 1 OVER cover

Attachments

• tall VMax tank.jpg
    tall VMax tank.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 47
Yeah, just my bike. I felt bad starting such a bare thread with no artwork. The coerce stuff, as with most Italian-sounding goods, look very nice but stretch the wallet - especially for a mod so trivial.

How about a tank bag?

I looked at a couple. The best fit I've found so far would be a hard-shell backpack type since I'm really going for something that I can just lay on and watch the miles go by. And on top of that, I would have a backpack!

I will add that the Over Racing products are very high quality and I've had good experience with Webike Japan. Fast shipping. Looking to get some Over Racing carbon fiber radiator side covers soon.

Just my 2 cents :)
But as someone stated, a Tank Bag would give you your lay down area, and you can place things in there like GPS, Tablet, Lunch.. etc, Not to mention, you can take it off when you want to show what the bike looks like, without it. :eusa_dance:

I'm looking for a different faux gas tank cover for my 2006. However, the one thing I wish I could do on my vmax is lay over the tank a little more like on more of sport bike. ...!

Get some different bars or flip your stock bars upside down (with risers) if you want to lay over the tank. Good idea on the tank bag.
Feet on the passenger pegs and some aluminum knee plates and you're there.
I flipped my bars.

3340tjb.jpg

14xsgn.jpg

thanks!
I can't remember what web site I saw it on but there was an auxilary gas tank (actually holds gas) that sat over or maybe replaced the faux tank cover that looked a lot like stock but sat up taller. That may be the feel your after and you'll have extra fuel.
I'll try to find a link. It may have been on Amazon actually.

It was exactrep that I saw it, under touring parts. Not cheap, but could serve dual purpose for you.

Type it in google. I seen a couple. One was exactrep, but there is another couple guys making them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the exactrep one. It's not really big enough to lie down on. There's a guy on one of the vmax facebook groups that sells the ones fire-medic posted for about $120 unpainted.

Back