Dominator Slip Ons with the Cat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josephjhaney

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I just got the new to me 2009 Vmax, and I've only ridden it the distance from Philly to Harrisburg so far, that was her voyage to her forever home. :) I LOVE the bike, it's had the Moore Mafia flash to the ECU, and Dominator slip ons, but they left the CAT. The guy I bought it from is sending me the pipes for the CAT delete but I'm going to get used to it as is before changing anything. Two questions-

1- Will it make much difference in power to delete the cat?
2- The sound is very quiet compared to my gen 1 with Vodoo slip ons, will deleting the CAT get me closer to that rumble?

Thanks in advance, and I can't wait to get more miles on this rocketship.

Joe

The cat is where all the restriction and noise reduction is at. Plus a shit ton of weight. You need to get it removed.

The cat is where all the restriction and noise reduction is at. Plus a shit ton of weight. You need to get it removed.
That's what I thought. I have the pipes, and I'm taking it in for the oil pump recall as soon as the dealer calls me. There is some strange servo thing according to the one PDF I saw, that's the only thing stopping me from pulling that damn thing off right now, Do I just disconnect that? Photo below-

1666015812079.png

Yes, if you are removing it you can do it a number of different ways. Including removal of the codes from the reflash. Then unplug and remove the servo too.

So, good news, someone already got rid of the cable and I'm betting the servo too, I'm now chomping at the bit to put those delete pipes on, to hear the new sound, but I don't want to send my ECU out till we get a few days of cold and shitty weather, can I slap those pipes on and ride it till then (Looks like the forecast has a span like that in about a week)? The airbox mod has been done already, so the only change is the CAT delete, and the ECU has been flashed for all those other mods already. It runs great as is, but it's just so damn QUIET, even with the dominator slip ons.

Joe

Why not the best of both worlds?
I removed the cat and the restrictions, but left the EXUP valve.. It's quiet when needed, opens up if necessary....🤷🤷

Attachments

• 2015-02-09 uitlaat Yamaha V-Max 1700 - 18.jpg
    2015-02-09 uitlaat Yamaha V-Max 1700 - 18.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 2015-02-09 uitlaat Yamaha V-Max 1700 - 12.jpg
    2015-02-09 uitlaat Yamaha V-Max 1700 - 12.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
Hi Sean, what about the oxygen sensor that is in the CAT? Just ordered the Cat delete from Dominator site and wondering...?

Problem with the dominator is that the oxygen sensor only measures right side of the exhaust.... The stock mapping has a lot of difference between the sides... I don't know why, but probably for the sound of it...

Latest posts

Back