done what I said I wouldnt

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intruder

Reaction score
Well when I got my max I said I wasnt going to do much to it in the looks dept , but anyway it now has a belly pan and a seat cowl conversion, and the next thing will be a small fairing, I think it looks great and all the standard stuff is here to be put back on if I sell it, I know many max's are changed and many who think its best left standard but here it is at the moment.IMG_0384[8132].jpg

Call the Constable! Someone stole your rear mud armour! Time for tea after that, 4 p.m. GMT. Looks pretty-clean, now you need a rear wheel replacement to run radials.

I'm more of a purist (maybe just cheap), Ima leave most of the bike alone outside tuning and a few tasteful things. Thats just me, yours looks awesome. Do what you want and ride! A gen1 Vmax is not nearly rare enough to sweat authenticity anyway. Enjoy!

I'm more of a purist (maybe just cheap), Ima leave most of the bike alone outside tuning and a few tasteful things. Thats just me, yours looks awesome. Do what you want and ride! A gen1 Vmax is not nearly rare enough to sweat authenticity anyway. Enjoy!

I think I'm in this camp. I prefer the ..well.. I guess "factory shaped" sorta cruiser style, if you will.. but lower, longer swingarm, wider rear tire, chrome in just the right places, nice paint, aftermarket signals (and obviously taillight). Maybe like if the Gen 1 had actually evolved over the years with [actual] changes not just the tiny things over the years.

That said, when I was researching (and shopping for) my max, I found several AWESOME and outrageously modded bikes that (other than the motor) hardly resembled a vmax anymore.. and I dreamed of owning (or building) a bike just as custom as those examples. Of course, with the $$ involved, my max will be mostly stock other than what I can bolt on as money affords.

Looks good, btw, Intruder.DSC01238.jpg 53843aec0fb42396cc7fef35b5077dce.jpg

I stole these Internet examples of the Vmax (cruiser style?) I had as my screensaver while I was saving up to buy my own. Still as awesome today as it was years ago.(tho, I'd probably get more modern looking rims) ;)
And an extreme example of the "euro streetfightery look" (as I call it). Both modded, both awesome looking, IMO. I just prefer the factory "lines" , if you will.

YMMV

T$

The second one is a little too-'butch' for me, but I like the first one quite a bit. The chrome side engine case covers look good w/the chrome below-seat side body covers, and the chrome air horns. Looks like he also chromed a set of early Venture cam covers, and installed those. I've always liked the Venture cam covers design, and they look great chromed.

My question is, after spending thousands of dollars on the USD fork and billet swingarm and PM wheels, why did he keep stock shocks? That's 'lipstick on a pig.'

I like the first of the orange max's best customised to a point where positive is at the peak, more than that and it goes negative for me, it also makes me realise I need to relax about mine , its not really changed after looking at some others.
Thanks for the feed back chaps, its still awesome rear fender or not.

Fire medic has hit on an idea for another improvement!
Where can I fit a fabricated tea pot ?, no a tap straight from the hose and a couple of cups tucked under the belly pan!
the water will be hot enough straight from the rad and the anti freeze will help keep me warm in the winter. Could do coffee but that makes ones breath smell like a dead horse:p

Love the lower fairing. First thing I did when i got my VMAX last year was ass the lower fairing. Have ideas to refine some more lines on it but nothing drastic. Things like cleaning up the rear brake light etc. will be done. Was thinking of going to a sort of beefy over the top scrambler look. Anyone ever put knobby's on a VMAX? lol

Attachments

• 77B17FB4-.jpg
    77B17FB4-.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 40
^^^ that's fine, not sure about the seat conversion. there are some horrid customs about, one of the better ones IMO is:
Yamaha-V-Max-Custom-17.jpg

Back