Don't deal with Tommygun4u

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesax36

Reaction score
So I took a deposit on my supertrapps in July. Sent the pipes to Tommygun4u so he could get them on his bike and have fun or whatever, and waited. You can see where this is going.

Probably 20 unreplied PMs later, and he screwed me on the deal. I know, I know - seller beware. I don't care. At least have the decency to reply with a big FU to one of my messages, man.

Anyway. I feel like I've waited long enough for him to respond, so now I'm letting everyone know. Make sure you get everything paid in full before you ship to him. I've sent stuff to other guys with partial or no payment because that's how we do things here when we can. I'm not even pissed about it (much) anymore since I know he'll get what's coming to him at some point. I just wanted to put the name out there in case he'd contacted anyone else about parts for sale.

I hope everyone is having a good time as the weather gets cold. I'm sure there will be lots of buying and selling on here in the next few weeks.

/End Rant

I've crossed shipped parts in the past and never been burned. Sorry to hear you got dealt a shitty hand. Karma will get him.

Fortunately this is not the norm here, I was burned once on here as well. In the end its the guy who burned you who is out of luck, he won't be able to utilize this forum again since no one will want anything to do with him in the future. Personally I would post his name and address here so if it pops in here under a different pseudonym it can be matched up if needed.

Sent from my LG-G3 using Tapatalk

That's why I waited and waited to post. I figured I'd give him a chance to make it right, tell me a story... whatever. No mail ever came to me as follow-up. If, for some reason, payment has been sent and shows up with stamps from here to Madagascar, I'll gladly post a retraction.

This is the best forum I've ever been on, and I want to make sure it stays that way. Guys here are so generous, never (pretty much) picking on noobs with the same questions we all had when we got started, and always willing to help out with parts or knowledge. Do I wish I had the other money? Sure. It doesn't really matter, though. When I go back to see my wife next week, I've already got requests for pics of parts I have for sale. I'll take those and happily send things out quickly if deals are reached. I'm going to proceed as though my experience with Tommy was an anomaly.

IT WAS...

I've had parts shipped to me pending payment, with partial payment, and set stuff out for free that I wasn't using. That's what makes the V-Max forum great. We all seem to be a bunch of real people who value the community. I would never ship anything to anybody on the R1 board, the VTXOA, or even the Goldwing board before they paid in full. That's no how those places operate.

Anyway. I'm not going to continue to beat this dead horse. Thanks for the replies. Any new guys who happen upon this thread, please don't be concerned about this happening to you. I'm sure we could count up pretty quickly the number of times this sort of thing has happened in the history of the forum.

Everybody be safe out there.

Yes, a crappy deal, and you are justified to say what you did. Karma's a bitch, though, it does happen that paybacks come to those who screw others.

Email me his name and i'll see if i've done any work with him. Might have to go on my shit list which is pretty short thankfully.

Sean

Unless there's a plausible reason for the situation I think it sux.
I hope you can recover your $ . 99% of the folks here are good people .

You're right, jedi. I'm totally open to talk, figure things out, whatever. No response and no contact is the problem. I hope he didn't get injured or something. He was so excited that he was gonna get the pipes, and surprised that I'd work the transaction the way we did. I've spent more money on more useless things, but the instant stopping of contact makes me think something else happened. Maybe I'll get another money order when he gets out of jail or something. That would suck, though, too.

Wow sorry to here this, Man this made my head hurt, I bought and sold stuff - sent stuff with out payment few times every 1 been cool here. I hope in the end he will come through for you. Every little bit of money comes in helps the next bill going out in the mail.

Since his forum activity croaked off like it did, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and go with the idea that something went way, way awry with his life. Something life changing. Maybe divorce, jobloss, and zero funds to have computer for net access, or maybe even worse - an accident. Who knows. Perhaps someone else on the forum not only knows him, but also lives close enough by to check up on him????

The google search was interesting. I'm pretty sure there's more than one guy with this handle out there. I don't think I shipped things to Spokane, WA. That's where the twitter use is. I also don't want this to turn into a witch hunt. I hope this is just a series of unfortunate mistakes.

Yeah. I'm over it. It's so rare that this happens on here. Everybody exists in balance, so there will be a time when he gets the same as he's given. Just the same way I feel like I've been treated really well by guys on here that I've been able to help out with stuff.

Latest posts

Back