Don't race me bro.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxinID

Reaction score
So I ride with my friends when we can. They ride:
09 Iron883 sportster, Stage I.
09 1200 custom
?? Dyna
and heres the recent ones:
08 Vrod "NightRod" Stage I
09 Vrod "Muscle" Stage I

Well, my bro and I swapped bikes for a stretch and I ended up on the 09 Muscle.
Bike feels low and easy in the straights, a bit of push needed to maintain the twisties.
The muscle is quite lacking in initial get up and go, throttle was fully twisted and it took a few moments for the engine to catch up. He had it dyno tuned (107hp) with the new Harley software, slipons, and K&N filter "topless" so basically Stage I.
Well I know for sure the Max will win a drag race for sure.
But I never brag up the Max, and never try to start races (I use my bike for a cruiser). But since He aquired the V-Rod he's convinced the Vrod is "Bout equal speed bikes,"
I just bite my tongue.

Well now issue #2
My other bro has just done his upgrade to his (08 Nightrod) Thundermax Tuner, K&N filter, and Thundermax exhaust.
When He first bought it he wated to take the "Vmax Challange"
So we did a 5th gear roll on from about 50 to 120. Well he pulls on me a bit and I was like WTF? but oh well.

About 5 months later at the bar he admits to me (after many beers) that he feels like shit because he "Cheated" I was like Huh? What do you mean.
He admits he was in 4TH!!! and didn't want to get beat after spending $18,000.
I was like "no worries bro", and humbly dropped it.

Now as of this week, he only weighs 158lb, did his Stage I, and is starting to think he wants a "re-match".
I know from a stop (drag race) he's still proper fuck'd, but I have a feeeling he is gonna wanna roll.

So my vmax family, I ask you to help me find the inner strength to not go out and dip their fuckin' "opinions" in pure Vmax power and set them aflame!!!!!

lol... DO IT! Do a roll on and lets see where his 18+ got him... The only thing better would be if yours was a rat bike you bought for 3 grand...

lol

Chris

Any time someone wants to do a roll-on test versus a heads up from a dead stop drag race they lose by default in my book and I won't play their game.:damn angry:

YA WANNA RACE.......LET'S RACE!!!!!!!

From a dead stop......with a starter.....and I don't race for free:damn angry:

:biglaugh: just make sure all his friends are there to bare wittness ! no roll on s#*!, he might cheat again :hmmm:

I don't get the roll on, if somebody want to be racy I make sure I'm in the right gear and rpm, if they want to roll on thinking that's their strenght go for it.
I always wait for my brother to shift up to the next gear on his FZ1 then I hit it! He still blows by me a few seconds later but he at least has to read HTFO HTFO HTFO...HTFO HTFO HTFO
For a couple of seconds anyways! :rocket bike:

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 25
very true lol 4th he would have been pissed... drop to 3rd and he would have ran and hid under a rock lol

Couple times I've done "roll ons" were basically idling in first, so like 3 or 4 mph. Three horn beeps, let 'er rip. Standing starts are still the true race, since that puts rider skill back into the equation, but doing those in traffic can be tricky. Finding an opportune stoplight with no traffic in front of you is kinda rare. Not a great idea to stop in the middle of a road to line up, slowing down to a crawl in first, then a couple quick beeps lets you have a drag race anywhere.

Highway roll-ons are usually crap since you don't know what gear they're in, and like you said they'll "cheat" and leave it down a gear.

I usually don't egg up a race unless somebody else is talking big, like once some guy with a brand new Sportster 1200 thought his bike was putting out 150 horsepower from a K&N and exhaust and thought it was the fastest cruiser around. He got promptly shut down, he might as well been on a scooter.

Tell them to either put up or shut up. Pisses me off when people just talk talk talk and then won't actually do anything. If they want to think their Vrod is on par with the Max, let 'em, just keep that opinion to themselves. Otherwise, prove it. Simple as that.

Harley owners want to roll-on since they know that's their only chance. First because they can cheat and have it in 4th, and second, Harleys tend to have more torque down low, where the Max wants to spin up a bit. Still, should be no contest either way assuming he plays fair. Show 'em what a waste of $20k it was.

At least with my avon rear tire, I have dropped from 5th to 3rd at about 45, nailed the gas and lit up the back tire, so if he wants to roll on, say you can shift however you please and start in whatever gear you want. He still won't have a chance.

I say "Smoke 'Em" - every single one who wants a piece of you gets a chance. Then never speak of it again. You're still Mr. Humble, who doesn't talk smack to his Bro's - your bike did the talking for you.:clapping:

My buddy had a Vrod, and I had my old 85 Vmax. No matter what he tried I got him everytime! After riding the Max as long as I have, I have learned how to wring out every drop from it, WOT and never let off until it's over...

My buddy had a Vrod, and I had my old 85 Vmax. No matter what he tried I got him everytime! After riding the Max as long as I have, I have learned how to wring out every drop from it, WOT and never let off until it's over...
Amen brother.:worthy::worthy::clapping::clapping::punk::punk:

I race anything, anytime.
Get a fresh rear tire, put 100 miles on it, and let er rip.:rocket bike: Just bet enough to cover ur tire and a round of beers for the losers. :cheers:

Last edited:
"dont race me bro, I didnt do anything!!"

"oowwww owwwww oowwwwww"

I say run em..You should do a Roll on if at all in first....want to see if that 18K is well spent...

I have always said I will throw a Rod before I loose to a Harley.

Way to talk me down bros' jeeze.....:confused2:

I see it's gonna have to happen sooner of later so I'll keep ya in da skinny......:punk:

like I always say sometimes"If you got 'em, smoke'em":clapping:he'll get over it:biglaugh:

This is funny, cause the local Harley dealer had me ride a 2008 stock V-rod on this last Saturday.... He has been on me for a couple weeks saying the Max is fast, but if you want real fast jump on this bad boy.... (Harley).... What a POS! would not get out of its own way!

Cured my Hog curiosity for sure! Nice bike but damn, I would be embarrassed to ride it with it being labeled "fast"..... I almost feel sorry for it..... Not!!
:rofl_200::rofl_200:

This is funny, cause the local Harley dealer had me ride a 2008 stock V-rod on this last Saturday.... He has been on me for a couple weeks saying the Max is fast, but if you want real fast jump on this bad boy.... (Harley).... What a POS! would not get out of its own way!

Cured my Hog curiosity for sure! Nice bike but damn, I would be embarrassed to ride it with it being labeled "fast"..... I almost feel sorry for it..... Not!!
:rofl_200::rofl_200:

I rode one of these they are junk for sure what a piece of shit. Mr. Max is better hands down:punk:

Latest posts

Back