DOT-4 Synthetic Brake Fluid

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackjack

Reaction score
I was told that my 07 Max uses DOT-4 brake fluid. Okay, so I go down to my local Wal-Mart to get some and find the below product which is labeled as a DOT-4 synthetic. My question is can I mix this with my current fluid without any problems occurring later, or must I purchase a DOT-4 that is not synthetic if there is such a thing :ummm: Click Here!

I use Valvoline DOT4 Synthetic... It offers a high boiling point and some synthetic stabilizers.

Chris

I run the same as Chris Valv DOT4 Syn. If you are sure its dot 4 then it will be fine. I wouldn't trust mixing different ratings, because I simply don't know the effects it could have on one another as far as failing or breaking each other down, etc etc....

It don't take much time to just replace it all. And, its not a bad idea anyway. Kind of a ease of mind, IMO.....

Roy

I have been using Valvoline DOT 3/4 Synthetic for years now on several bikes. Highly recommend it.

Back