Double blown goat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
Now this looks about different.
Nice work, but definitely different.

Attachments

• hppp_0702_03_z+1970_pontiac_gto_pro_street+menacing.jpg
    hppp_0702_03_z+1970_pontiac_gto_pro_street+menacing.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 67
  • hppp_0702_04_z+1970_pontiac_gto_pro_street+side_view.jpg
    hppp_0702_04_z+1970_pontiac_gto_pro_street+side_view.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 68
  • hppp_0702_07_z+1970_pontiac_gto_pro_street+side_view_of_the_twin_blowers.jpg
    hppp_0702_07_z+1970_pontiac_gto_pro_street+side_view_of_the_twin_blowers.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 61
  • hppp_0702_5_z+1970_pontiac_gto_pro_street+rear.jpg
    hppp_0702_5_z+1970_pontiac_gto_pro_street+rear.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 52
  • hppp_0702_09_z+1970_pontiac_gto_pro_street+driver_seat.jpg
    hppp_0702_09_z+1970_pontiac_gto_pro_street+driver_seat.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 48
  • hppp_0702_10_z+1970_pontiac_gto_pro_street+gauges.jpg
    hppp_0702_10_z+1970_pontiac_gto_pro_street+gauges.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 46
What is that, a 4/71 on-top of a 6/71 & two high cfm carbs?

I think I would rather own the Monkeemobile:
http://jalopnik.com/monkeemobile/
xlarge.jpg

mmobile1.jpg

http://www.monkees.net/monkeemobile-history-from-pontiac-enthusiast-magazine/

Barris sure built some cool stuff in the 60s!................If I had my choice of a cruiser, I would go with the Munster coach!

two blowers, I wonder how much the second blower helps, gets too much boost something is going to blow. Wonder what the spec's are, 4 : 1 compression ?

Actually, stacking blowers can actually work though I am not sure what the final efficiency is. That setup is purely for looks!

Sean

Tom, be sure to read the link I posted about the Monkeemobile. Ge. Barris didn't build the original. He did do a 'restoration' on one but Dean Jeffries did the original two. However, Barris is often heard making comments about things he 'did' which he didn't according to the article. To me, it looks like Geo. is derivative of others' work. To my eye, he often copied other customizers, I see a lot of Ed Roth in his designs. Now, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, it's said. Just don't claim you are the person who invented a concept if you copy someone's work. If you look at the Geo. Barris website and then look at Ed Roth stuff, you'll see what I mean. Whether it's a trike, a ground-effects-looking car (Roth actually built a true-ground-effects vehicle which had a parts failure, injuring a spectator when it blew), or one of the other original Roth creations, others openly copied him, including Geo. Barris.

From my time as a kid building all those AMT car models as a kid in the '50's & '60's, I recall that there were the Alexander Brothers, Jeffries, Barris, and of course Ed Roth making wild cars for the show circuit, tv shows, movies, and rich patrons. One not as-well known is Norm Grabowski who did a number of vehicles which appeared in movies or tv. So did Norm. I think there was a Corvair bike he built which was an example of his ingenuity and probably handled far-better than the Boss Hoss ever could. The picture below appeared in publications right-around 1970, I believe. I had a motorcycle annual from around then that had this same pic in it.
thumbnail.aspx

It's fun to look into the history of the customizers, peppered with characters like Bud Ekins, Ken Howard, and the above people, proof that gearheads can be very creative even if they have behaviors which set them apart from others. Maybe that is why they are originals, because they think differently, and are able to use their physical skills to execute that of-which they dream. :punk:

Barris sure built some cool stuff in the 60s!................If I had my choice of a cruiser, I would go with the Munster coach!

The Munster Coach was cool, but I liked Granpa's Coffin car, I think I have seen a youtube of it launching at the strip.

Thank you Mr Medic for the link and setting me straight!.....................Norn, along with being an actor was a talented fabricator/builder as well, correct me if I'm wrong but I think they used his T-bucket for the series "77 sunset Strip" with Kookie Ed Byrnes as the wheelman, I own a few movies with Norm in them, one is "Out of sight" 1966 with a very cool custom spy rod named the ZZR, the other fun flick is "Hooper" 1978 with Burt Reynolds, Sally Field, and a mostly all star cast about the stuntman buisiness.............................Tom.

Thank you Mr Medic for the link and setting me straight!.....................Norn, along with being an actor was a talented fabricator/builder as well, correct me if I'm wrong but I think they used his T-bucket for the series "77 sunset Strip" with Kookie Ed Byrnes as the wheelman, I own a few movies with Norm in them, one is "Out of sight" 1966 with a very cool custom spy rod named the ZZR, the other fun flick is "Hooper" 1978 with Burt Reynolds, Sally Field, and a mostly all star cast about the stuntman buisiness.............................Tom.

I agree w/you about "Hooper," I think that along w/"Deliverance" it's his best movie (speaking of Burt). Yes, people of a certain age recall Efrem Zimbalist Jr. and Edd Byrnes, the coolest 'car valet' before we knew there was such a term. The '23 T-bucket was a whole phenomenon in itself, and that particular car sure put it in the eyes of the public, though the drag racers had been using anything similar for years.

I can still hear the intro music for "77 Sunset Strip," with the double finger snaps, probably the most famous finger snaps of the post-WW II era along w/the "West Side Story" ones.

Actually, stacking blowers can actually work though I am not sure what the final efficiency is. That setup is purely for looks!

Sean

That was Bill Bolin's car (a fellow member on my Pontiac forum) and he sold it a couple years ago. I never met the man or saw the car in person, but it was functional (I have no idea what kind of performance it had though). I'm fairly certain that it no longer had the stacked blower setup on it when he sold it.

Scott

One of my high school buddies was hooked when I gave him a ride in my 69 GTO years ago (while he was a freshman I think). So, he's been a GTO nut ever since. He's current got a 69 Judge with a blown 454 (468 I believe actually). His blower is massive and I want to say it's a 12-71. Can't see shit out the right side of the front window.

Car looks cool though!

Sean

One of my high school buddies was hooked when I gave him a ride in my 69 GTO years ago (while he was a freshman I think). So, he's been a GTO nut ever since. He's current got a 69 Judge with a blown 454 (468 I believe actually). His blower is massive and I want to say it's a 12-71. Can't see shit out the right side of the front window.

Car looks cool though!

Sean

Like a guy up here. 1800lb car with a blown 454. The thing is one crazy driver.

Attachments

• Carclub-buckys roadster.jpg
    Carclub-buckys roadster.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 13
KJ, that's my favorite body style for the Camaros. I think the '70 1/2 Z28 is one of the best-looking cars to ever come out of Detroit. I think it was Car and Driver which said, "if it had a Ferrari nameplate, it could have sold as one with that body."

The blower cars are fun to look-at, but I can't believe they are any fun to drive or maintain, other than in a straight line, then again, that's the whole purpose of them, so, why not, if that's where you choose to spend your loot?

Latest posts

Back