double DD friction disc total

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoymang

Reaction score
Hey whats up?
I'm doing a clutch job on my max, i've noticed some slipping since i did a 4-2-1 kerker & stage 7 kit last summer ,i guess the extra hp was enough to finish the clutch .I'm going to do a double DD while i'm in there.
My question is,how many friction discs (26H-16307-01)do i need? 8 or 9 ?
Any help would be great !

B4 you go do a clutch job - are you sure you're not using engine oil that contains 'anti friction additives'? That would make your clutch slip like that..

Nope ! i only use yamalube .I noticed it only slips right after i start it .
Run it at 4,000rpm in 5th, twist WOT ,revs to 8,000 or 9,000 but mph stay somewhat the same. After it warms up it run fine .Does'nt make any sense to me :ummm:

Are your clutch plates at fault?

OR is it your master/slave hydraulics not working correctly?

This symptom is obvious when the hydraulics are cold but less obvious when they warm up, yes?

You need to be sure you are actually getting a full travel movement of the hydraulic buckets and push rod assembly (and therefore the full travel of the pressure plates).

I would bleed the line first.
Check the slave second.
Check the master third.

THEN consider the plates.

Your on the right track.. With your modifications a VMAX stock clutch setup will slip if you ride your bike hard. Lots of people here dont ride there VMAX hard.

Dont use synthetics in a VMAX.
Perform the double D mod.
Inspect your steels for warpage on a flat glass table
Bead Blast your steel plates.

Be done with it.

Is sand blasting the plates acceptable rather than bead blasting, or would that make them too rough? Sand is what I have handy.

Hey whats up?
I'm doing a clutch job on my max, i've noticed some slipping since i did a 4-2-1 kerker & stage 7 kit last summer ,i guess the extra hp was enough to finish the clutch .I'm going to do a double DD while i'm in there.
My question is,how many friction discs (26H-16307-01)do i need? 8 or 9 ?
Any help would be great !

Hello,

Here's the link. http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/clutch.htm

I had the similar symptoms as you described and did this mod.
The problem was solved.
punk0000.gif

Regards,

AT

Is sand blasting the plates acceptable rather than bead blasting, or would that make them too rough? Sand is what I have handy.

I have sand blasted them with the same results.. Just be sure you wash them numerous times before installing them back in your engine..

Also, I was thinking I might hold the gun a little farther away than usual. Then sand might not etch them so hard. Yes, wash them good.

Latest posts

Back