double diaphragm spring clutch kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vboost88

Reaction score
Hi guys what do you all think of the double diaphragm spring clutch kit? is it worth installing? i am just about to get my clutch plates replaced as I'm getting a slip on the higher gears and was just looking into this. what feedback have you'll got for this? easy to install, life etc. Thanks and appreciate all feedback! :)

The good:
Easy to install.
Holds like a mofo.
Inexpensive

The bad:
Beware of doing balls out 1-2 power shifts. It can lead to a broken driveshaft, possibly worse.
It's tough to pull the lever in if you keep the stock master.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The good:
Easy to install.
Holds like a mofo.
Inexpensive

The bad:
Beware of doing balls out 1-2 power shifts. It can lead to a broken driveshaft, possibly worse.

How would an adjustable lever work with it?

I had a 2nd diaphragm spring, I sold it to another forum member and went w/a PCW 'extra friction disc' kit. This replaces the inner 1/2 width disc w/one full-size. OEM Yamaha friction discs, (+1) and their (PCW's) heavy-duty diaphragm spring, and a new clutch cover gasket. Scratch-up your 'steelies' while it's apart, and re-assemble, you're good to go. The pull to me is indistinguishable from stock, you won't say that about your 'double diaphragm spring' conversion! If you ride in stop & go traffic and have Olive Oyl forearms instead of a left like Popeye's, don't go for the doubled-spring.

Last edited:
The good:
Easy to install.
Holds like a mofo.
Inexpensive

The bad:

thanks for the info! i don't intend on changing the stock master yet. so guess i will stick to the oem clutch for now. i don't use it for drag races just street fun. Appreciate the quick response :punk:

I love the DD mod. It disengages quick, just pulling the lever in a little bit. Don't use a brand new spring if you do it. And old worn one is perfect, for the second spring. I'm also a lefty, so the extra pull isn't to bothersome. Lots of options available. Some slippage was designed into the system, like Mike mentioned. With the DD you're locked up tight and can break things, but slippage isn't happening.

Latest posts

Back