Drag bars and Buell Pegs Review

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SILVERTVMAX

Reaction score
I just installed Drag bars and Buell pegs to my 97 VMAX AND all I can say is wow what a difference. The pegs took a little time to modify but well worth it. I am 6'4 and 225. I highly recommend them to anyone over 6' feet.

Here is a pic. I did this upgrade on a Honda Blackbird and I worked out awesome.

Attachments

• PEGS.JPG
    PEGS.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 211
Nifty! Myself, I found that the stock position is just fine, but I am a full foot shorter than you. I did swap my stock pegs for Kuryakyn Mini Dagger pegs, and I love how they feel. They fit the boots I wear perfectly.

I rode 100 miles today, its hard to believe that 1 inch lower and 1/2 back would make such a difference. I think going to the drag bars also help too. Next mod is a Corbin seat , I hear they are a little taller then the others. Is that true?

After installing solid mounts mine was way to hand numbing buzzy, added ISO grips and it cut it in half, but still noticeably buzzy...not enough to worry about to me...

Cut to a couple of years later, removed my drag bars and installed a set of Pro-Taper SE Series Carmichael Bend bars, with the removable cross bar (These are intended for dirt bikes) similar to the drag bars with a few more degrees of pull back and about 2" rise.

The buzzing went completely away. Just out of curiosity I removed the cross bar and they were buzzy again....
So I put it back.....

I'm sold on these forever....

What I'd you have to mod o make hem fit. I'm almost 6'5" and would love to not have my knees so high up lol

You need to make 2 cuts with a hack saw then some fine tuning with a file. You also need to buy Delrin spacers to adapt them to the mounts. Its a little work but well worth it.

After installing solid mounts mine was way to hand numbing buzzy, added ISO grips and it cut it in half, but still noticeably buzzy...not enough to worry about to me...

Cut to a couple of years later, removed my drag bars and installed a set of Pro-Taper SE Series Carmichael Bend bars, with the removable cross bar (These are intended for dirt bikes) similar to the drag bars with a few more degrees of pull back and about 2" rise.

The buzzing went completely away. Just out of curiosity I removed the cross bar and they were buzzy again....
So I put it back.....

I'm sold on these forever....

Got a pic of those bars on your bike?

N0006.1AD is the part number you need to search. I Googled the part number. I paid 27.00 plus shipping.

I had these on my Hayabusa. It was a very worth while mod. I'm 6'4" and made the ride considerably more comfortable and now on the short list for the Vmax.

Now, where can they be found? Just called the local Harley dealer and they don't sell them anymore...

I rode 100 miles today, its hard to believe that 1 inch lower and 1/2 back would make such a difference. I think going to the drag bars also help too. Next mod is a Corbin seat , I hear they are a little taller then the others. Is that true?

Yeah for sure. Mine has a newer model Corbin and it feels a good bit taller than Sean's bike with his seat on it I putted around on at Truett & Osborn this past weekend. I'm about 6'2" and it works well for me. More bend in my knees on Sean's bike, but I like how Sean's seat feels a little narrower, I think if I was much shorter I'd hit Sean up for one of his as its more comfortable overall though.

Back