Drag 'Busa

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a motor being worked-on at a friend's shop, a 'Busa. You should see the chassis it's going into!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Busa frame.JPG
    Busa frame.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 53
If that's the chassis I don't see anything particularly special about it? It's standard street frame with extended swingarm.

Sean you're absolutely-right, except that he's done a 'bling-thing' to it by the details he's got. Look at the edges of the pieces and you'll see he's doing a mild-custom competition-show-bike w/faceted edges on a lot of the bike's components. The owner let one of his friend's try it and the guy promptly caused significant damage, not to the engine, but something in the final drive. The shop owner has been letting him work on it at the shop, and has warned him about running it before it was ready. He ignored the advice, and now the engine is out to replace something which failed in the pushrod mechanism for the clutch, I think is the story. Maybe a seal, where you have to split the case, not too-sure, as I have no experience w/the Hyabusa.

So, you are correct, a Hyabusa w/NOS & an extended swingarm.

For the trick stuff from the shop, go to the "events" page for the "Davie FL Round Up" where I will be posting some pics I took.

Yea, I guess when every bike at the track is a busa or zx14 you get "numb" to the average mods.

Latest posts

Back