Drag Race Report - in Hungary + PICS

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
Hey y'all,
Had a TOTAL BLAST last weekend racing the big, bad V-Max at the track. I brought my son who raced his Honda CRM 125. He didn't make it through the eliminations, but I got SECOND PLACE. I'll save my embarrassment and not tell you how many were in my category. The final race was against a Kawasaki ZX-9 who ran 11.2 - and I wasn't close to that.

HOWEVER... I DID BEAT MY PERSONAL BEST!!!
11.65 @ 115.16 MPH. :eusa_dance:

This is a stock 1999 V-Max with modified exhaust, and COPS ignition installed. Plus a somewhat fat rider - me... at 235 pounds. I'd say that's pretty good.
I had the front forks strapped down and maybe 10 psi in the rear tire.

In this particular run, I was qualifying next to a BMW S1000RR sportbike in the right lane. Compare the 60 ft. time!

Time_slip_zpswdvmo37p.jpg

Here's a pic from the final race. Look at the lead I had... but couldn't keep!
My V-Max DOMINATED the track to 60 feet. This thing was launching hard. Very impressive! After about 1/2 track, it's weight and my weight held it back.

DSC_0156_zpsjnasq8yz.jpg

Trophy_zpskwsbgv2c.jpg

DSC_0155_zpsnnhzchrf.jpg

DSC_0127_zpsvhfk3fzq.jpg

Me and my son:

DSC_0135_zpsdk46efde.jpg

Lining up next to my son at a drag track. ISN'T THAT JUST THE COOLEST THING EVER? :biglaugh:

DSC_0131_zpshcbmjmzh.jpg

Good pics, glad you had a safe time w/your son. Congratulations on the 'track record' (for you anyway). The burnout pic is cool.

Fantastic pictures. I'm glad you had fun. Keep 'em coming.

Your reaction times are improving as are your 60' times. Keep up the good work.Does if feel any different with the cops?

Does if feel any different with the cops?

I think so... thank you! But not a huge difference. But daily riding, I don't have the #3 cylinder drop out anymore.
It's a monster out the gate. It's quite something to kill most very quick bikes off the line and let them see my tail light for a while. A professional rider could really launch this thing. I obviously am not a professional, but I know with practice, I could get a lot better with proper control. After 1/8 mile, I'm kind of done. The poor bike cannot pull it's weight and tubby rider to any incredible high speeds.

I think so... thank you! But not a huge difference. But daily riding, I don't have the #3 cylinder drop out anymore.
It's a monster out the gate. It's quite something to kill most very quick bikes off the line and let them see my tail light for a while. A professional rider could really launch this thing. I obviously am not a professional, but I know with practice, I could get a lot better with proper control. After 1/8 mile, I'm kind of done. The poor bike cannot pull it's weight and tubby rider to any incredible high speeds.

Have you read Dale Walkers tips on launching the bike?

Thanks for sharing this Story with us....
This is what it's all about.

The track just posted this photo. This was my best run. Notice I'm *temporarily* ahead of the BMW. :biglaugh:

Mark_Race_zpszrs3dbl1.jpg

Look what I found... :biglaugh:

This video shows 2 of my qualification runs and final race.

I consider myself a novice, and open to criticism.
Main objectives last weekend was to:

1. HAVE FUN
2. Beat my best time (previously 11.69 - now 11.65)

Accomplished both!

Last edited:
More pics just surfaced.

LOOK AT THE LEAD I HAD ON THIS GUY! It's amazing he caught me at the end.
Another view of the final race.

IMG_1692resized_zpsytbe4dri.jpg

IMG_1685resized_zpsrzhdksvd.jpg

Hungary... "more than expected." :biglaugh:

IMG_1681resized_zpsjf1n9bfp.jpg

Your doing great. Love the American flag on your bike. Looks like your one of the track favorites. Lots of Press.

Latest posts

Back