drag racing leathers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
Does any body know where to get a good deal on a 2 peice suit?I do not want a road racing suit with knee sliders and half calf lenth pants.

shawn kloker said:
Does any body know where to get a good deal on a 2 peice suit?I do not want a road racing suit with knee sliders and half calf lenth pants.

hey, forgot to tell you when you called to see what kind of deal Gary Mccoy can get you on some. He sells aftermarket stuff cheaper that most too. He's got a catalog he uses and I can't recall which one at the moment.

By the way, The Fazer ran a 10.98 on his last run yesterday. He still had a slow 60' but made it up in the bid end.

Sean Morley

one2dmax said:
hey, forgot to tell you when you called to see what kind of deal Gary Mccoy can get you on some. He sells aftermarket stuff cheaper that most too. He's got a catalog he uses and I can't recall which one at the moment.

By the way, The Fazer ran a 10.98 on his last run yesterday. He still had a slow 60' but made it up in the bid end.

Sean Morley
Good Idea,I still want to know what that fazer with run with you or Kevin on it.Maybe some struts and a strap too.Thanks.

Shawn, I expect your wife to run 10.98 on her Fazer. :)

Mark

maleko89 said:

Mark

I think my best on that bike was 12.2x or so. It ran 12.50's all day long. Of course she's got me by a few pounds on the weight advantage.

The kids getting very good reaction times (the 10.98 run had a .009 reaction time) with most of them with .0xx numbers. He needs to work of the 60' and we are going to try a strap but I think we are going to slap on the bars first.

He's got me by an easy 50lbs and if he can get a good launch he'll be faster simply because of that.

I think it's got a mid 10 in it with me or when he gets a bit more experience. That ain't bad considering its all motor and 20 year old technology! I know right now he's way lean so he isn't even putting out all the power he can too. We are going to slap it on the dyno at the event and get it dialed in.

I think we are going to get somewhere in the mid 140's on HP at the rear!

Sean Morley

140 horsies on a Fazer? Pretty good for a 700 cc bike.

maleko89 said:

Mark
Right,She only wants her own bike so she can get off of the back of mine.She is tired of shitting her pants all the time.She wants to ride in the sloooooow lane.

Shawn, did you ever get your 2 pc suit? If so what did you get and where did you get it. I'm in the process of searching for one... hopefully I'll be needing it at the strip this year. I'm about 6' 1" and 220 right now, but I'm hoping to lose some weight... that probably won't happen, that Bud is just too tasty. Morley do you still have anyone I should contact? Any recommendations on sizes?
Thanks,
Jeff

I bought some from a place on ebay.$200,They were close enough that I drove there to try them on.Good thing too.I am 6'1" 210-220 also and ended up needing 3xl pants and jacket.They have the 10" zipper in the back.I recommend looking for a 360 degree zipper.I am going to buy another set soon that has it and just ride in the ones I have now.You can see them in my garage pics.

I picked up a set last year off of ebay that were in great used condition. I think I paid $300 for the fieldsheer pants and jacket with full armor and full zip together. I think I ended up with 44 jacket and don't remember the pants. I'm 6' 200lbs.

Sean

Thanks for responding guys... I have been looking at the ones on eBay for $225 or so, I was concerned about the size so I'm glad I asked. Shawn, is you 3X big enough to have jeans and sweatshirts on underneath? And when are you going to be getting you new leathers... interested in selling your old ones?

Thanks for responding guys... I have been looking at the ones on eBay for $225 or so, I was concerned about the size so I'm glad I asked. Shawn, is you 3X big enough to have jeans and sweatshirts on underneath? And when are you going to be getting you new leathers... interested in selling your old ones?

The jacket is tight.I did not want it parachuting on me.The pants are loose enough to wear jeans in if wanted.I normally do not.I am going to keep mine for riding in.

Leathers are actually supposed to be pretty tight fitting... Not SKIN tight but they shouldn't be able to roll on you...

Back