Drag Strip Day July 20-21 Lapeer Drag way

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Looking to do a drag strip day with the 20th as the date and the 21st the rain date.

Nothing but a fun day with as many people as possible to show up. Saturday is test and tune, Sunday is a race day with test and tune in between. More runs available on Saturday.

2691 Roods Lake Rd Lapeer, MI 48446
(810) 664-4772

Saturday: Starts at noon for Test and Tune
( Fee is $25 for Car and Driver For All Day )

Sunday & Holidays: The gates open at 10:00 a.m. Test and Tune is from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and between eliminations rounds. Bracket racing begins at 2:00 p.m. Fees are as follows:

*Test and Tune and Trophy Race: $25 for Car and Driver Trophy race free to any one running Test and Tune.

Let me know if you guys are interested.

Open to all bikes or cars. Whichever you want to bring out.

Todd

Yes chad but i ran with my old mx ones.

So Mike- you have a camera? or do you just want me to use my cell phone (I had a real nice Canon last year with a big zoom and 120 frames slo mo- but had to sell it.)

All my video is shot from a droid x

Mike, Todd, and anyone else coming to drag strip day... I just ordered an Canon elph 330 HS (big deal right). Anyway this little camera has 240 frame slow motion. In english that means it will show back at about 1/10 speed (a tenth of a sec. on track will play back in 1 sec. on screen. I figure this will be great for review launches.

This camera will will wirelessly share with other devices. (Note I don't have it yet so I don't know how this works- but they say it will) Anyway, Canon indicates you can download a free app--- Canon CameraWindow app--- to copy the files to your smart phone. Might be a good idea to download that app before we go to the track. It will also wirelessly download to a pc and, Of course< I'll bring what ever cords come with it.

Just thinking, if we get this to some of our Vid-smart folks you might have some cool stuff. I will also shoot some still photos. Not that will be any big deal- shis isn't exactly a pro SLR- but I do what I can.

Craig

Take friday off and make it a long weekend. ride out friday drag saturday and ride back sunday. You might want to tow out because you will get alot of passes at this dragway

Just wondering, after talking to Mike (who is getting his bike ready to sell and won't be running) Is anyone other then Todd going?

I'm planing on going, but not racing. Just got the camera I ordered so I can capture Todd's first 10, first 9, and first 150 +

Do you know how much they charge if you are just watching? My Son used to be good friends with the people that own the strip, but I'm sure they wouldn't remember me.

So Todd, is your Son going to bring out his 450 and see what it will do? I'll buy him a ...Pop, or frosty or something.

I might let him come out. If I do, I may have him run the truck for grins. Its a 5 spd, so I am not sure how well he would do, the shifter in it sucks for anything that resembles shifting.

I think he would have a kick out of going down the track on the 450 though. I ll see. Its been a long time since he has been on a drag strip, probably almost 8 years.

If he wants o ride out, I could run by and ride with him- we could go go oven on 21 instead of 69... I think I remember how to ride slow... I'll film his run in real time- not slo mo <G>

So todd your in the high 9s now are you gonna go for low 9s. I wish the track wasent 104 miles away it would have been fun to see you run in the 9s. Who am i kidding i would have been thinking man i wish i had something to race hime with. Nice job toddler.

Back