Dragon Tail / Deal's Gap _ 2011

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peacockdawg

Reaction score
Is there a discussion going on within the V-MAX community, to gather for a Dragon Tail and/or Deal's Gap ride in 2011?

I see the R1/R6 folks are planning on June 13 thru 19th. Sounds like fun.

And if so, anyone from out west riding that way? (Wyoming, east ride)

I have ridden it a couple times in the past...
Would love to ride it on my GenII!
You gonna make it?

End of August last year and this year for about 15-25 Maxes at the Dragon . Some others go in June .

dude hell ya i plan on going! what are you guys thinking for a date? i usually get chased by raccoons and am forced to pee in trash cans but this year things will change. im feelin lucky

I'm definitely going to make it in 2011, some way......was hopeful to ride with VMAX'rs, otherwise looking at hooking up with the R1 crowd in June and/or I've got a Busa and HD crowd (old school buddies from FL) that also might make it; but to MAX with fellow V-MAX'rs would be fantastic!

I have ridden it a couple times in the past...
Would love to ride it on my GenII!
You gonna make it?

Bret, What is a good month, day or week for you? I assume you are hitting Bike Week/Daytona Beach in March......and geeze with all that sunshine state riding weather....you might not even sweat (no pun intended) summer time constraints like this Dawg.

I've got an inch or more dusting of white tread-death on the ground at this very moment...still, I'm going down to Colorado (in 2 hours) for another dyno (made the air box w/ K&N mod).......dread the snow.....so you can see, I'm not sure I can get out to play in March (snow) .................:bang head:

Just beggining to plan some summer rides...probably start off with a Salt Lake road trip (Miller Motorsports Park - the Yamaha Team Races there this May)..but for sure, I'm going to the Dragon Tail ................and probably back to Biketober Fest towars the end of summer.

Sheeet...you probably don't stop riding....:eusa_dance: don't need to plan

Let me know if you do have plans bro ---PeaDawg

yeah, ride everyday all year long! Short of rain..
I would like to come up to Deals Gap for sure. Maybe I can get Bob to come?
He and I and a few others are going on a ride tomorrow. I will talk to him...

when is vmax fest 2011 ??? we need a place to meet, time, dates - start & ending of the event... we need hotel resv. , all this stuff needs to be done. HELP SOMEBODY !!! I really would love to be there. thanks to all who try. hope to see ya there- whenever it is..........

Bret, Rumor has it that Bob is going to need a break-in ride to Deal's Gap in the June time frame....should have all the neccessary BMW accessories available for his new ride by then.... :)

Either ride is cool with me....just bribe him, drag him, dare him..etc....get him there ;)

I'll work on him!
I would definitely like to make it, hope I can!
What are the "official" dates?

lets make it a vmax trip ! Im not far from rt 77 to char. nc . this vmaxfest is listed on the www. starmotorcycles.com forum. this can really work. lets get started !!!

count me in. if anyone is coming through indiana or ohio let me know, id like to trailer down with you and ill chip in for gas.

i just dont wanna ride this bike down the interstate getting 10-20 mpg on a 4 gallon tank. it would take forever

email me at [email protected]

p.s. wont kill you... lol

lets make it a vmax trip ! Im not far from rt 77 to char. nc . this vmaxfest is listed on the www. starmotorcycles.com forum. this can really work. lets get started !!!

I'm In.

i just dont wanna ride this bike down the interstate getting 10-20 mpg on a 4 gallon tank. it would take forever

You do know you have a 5th gear :a014:

There was a ride in '09 and this year in August . 15-25 Maxes were in attendance from Wednesday through Sunday . Many were V.M.O.A. and were in on the plan and several we found just riding the Dragon.

I'm In.

You do know you have a 5th gear :a014:

no trust me, its bad. 80 miles is 5th gear non stop highway lol.

id be pulling off at 50-60 and looking for gas because itd be on the bottom bar.

my gen 1 i got to 90 miles once all interstate before the light came on full red.

the gen 2 i think ive gone 52 before light came on and at 60 it was blinking. just riding it back from town after i fill it up and its almost a quarter tank gone :(

they put on the website that it gets 27 miles per gallon and thats just... a lie. if u can get 100 miles on a fill up, you are lucky, and rolling into the gas station.. literally.. and have more self restraint than anyone i know.

i plan on rigging up an emergency gasoline bottle on it somewhere

lets work on dates, places, hotels, & #s . LETS GET WAY MAXED !!! VMAXED @ the GAP...

Back