Dreaded "0" ring facts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone probably let it warm up properly before thrashing on it!

I didn't do the COO Fix on this one, at $40.00, I was deterred. I did use the Kawasaki O-Ring. The rubber bumper on the bottom of this ones pipe was slightly deformed by upward pressure against the pan. I used the rubber bumper off my 94 on this 89 because it looked like new and measurements proved it was exactly the same part but in original condition. I don't think the pipe will ever move and even if it does, it has the Kawi O-Ring installed. BTW, that Kawi Part was a tight fit to get it between the 2 ribs on the pipe. That's what makes me think it has had the updated plumbing installed by a PO.

to resurrect an old thread, is it possible to remove the oil pan without removing the exhaust, or at least the rear exhaust section (obviously with the engine in place)?

Not enough room to get the pan out with the front pipes in the way. The frame rail to exhaust tube does not allow enough clearance.

The theory is that the 'stopper' from COO makes it more difficult for the o-ring to bulge out.

If you drag race or do a lot of red line shifting it's prolly a good idea to perform this fix as the higher the oil pressure is the more force is applied against the o-ring.
dannymax, what does "prolly" mean?? I tried looking it up in the dictionary, but couldn't find it?

Back