Drilled out stock exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

69Z28RSSS

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I really like the looks of my stock exhaust 06 Max. I've heard of people drilling holes in the ends of the exhaust. After you drill out the rivets. Does anyone still do this and like it ? Or might I regret it down the road?

When I looked this up, it seems it was mixed results. Some loved it, some regretted it. I opted not to do the option. My bike is stock except for LED lights.

I did it. six holes per side, a bit louder. If you dont like it, you can tap it and plug it back up w small bolts.
Suits me.

Previous owner drilled out the mufflers on my 94. It sounds okay, but not a discernible difference over stock imo.

Its odd though, at idle the tone is somewhat noticeable, but when throttling hard through the RPM,S you can barely hear it.

Unfortunately, once you drill the holes there’s no coming back.

they can be welded and ground down or a new covering ring can be welded or even bolted over the holes, it could also be done to look decorative

Thanks guys. I think it will stay stock. Except for some new handle bars from Sean Morley when they come in

Back