Drilled slides being replaced with undrilled slides

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reved

Reaction score
I have a Dyno jet stage 1 kit on my bike. I notice that one of the slides was drilled very sloppy. I bought a set of carbs off ebay with a set of stock slides. I want to put the undrilled slides back in the bike . What adjustment should I make for this change. Thanks guys.

You can epoxy(JB Weld) the holes shut and redrill them elsewhere with the stock size.They will not move as fast but it should not need any other adjustments.Are the springs stock?

You can epoxy(JB Weld) the holes shut and redrill them elsewhere with the stock size.They will not move as fast but it should not need any other adjustments.Are the springs stock?

I already have the stock slides and I swapped them with the drilled slides. I then went to sync the carbs and notices the cylinder that had the sloppy drill hole was twice as high (40cm) as the other three cylinders. I tried lowering it and the bike began to pop/backfire. The bike has the D/J needles(clip in top groove + 2 spacers), jets, and springs.

I was given all the stock parts when I bought the bike also. So I can swap stock springs if needed.

I already have the stock slides and I swapped them with the drilled slides. I then went to sync the carbs and notices the cylinder that had the sloppy drill hole was twice as high (40cm) as the other three cylinders. I tried lowering it and the bike began to pop/backfire. The bike has the D/J needles(clip in top groove + 2 spacers), jets, and springs.

I was given all the stock parts when I bought the bike also. So I can swap stock springs if needed.

Just making sure you are aware that the front left carb is not adjustable and you adjust the other 3 to equal it... Not sure which one you tried but thought I would ask.

Back