Drilling 09 Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxout1200

Reaction score
Who will be the first to try this and see what they sound like?

It apears that the exhaust tip cover can be easily removed, the exhaust can beneath drilled around the outlet pipe, and then the cover replaced.

I may try it as long as I can weld the holes shut again if I don't achieve the result I want. My biggest fear is that the 09 may not have the same traditional V-8 rumble as the first gens.

Attachments

• P1010057.jpg
    P1010057.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 72
I would be more concerned about performance change, and putting the engine out of tune by modifying the factory-tuned flow..

Defo not something I'd try before finishing running-in and doing the first Yamaha service, but that's just me!

Yeah! I'm a little more concerned with that on this bike but don't really see that it could hurt the engine. Basicly would just be changing the back pressure. It shouldn't change the operation of any of the sensors. I'll look at it a little closer when I get my hands on it. But like any bike it should tend to add more low end torque and may loose some on the top. If I do mess with it I will design it where I can open or close the aux. outlets.

The problem with aftermarket exhaust sytems for the 09 is that yamaha designed it with the exhaust valve system. It will be harder to maintain as broad a tourque curve as the stock system.

Back