drip, drip - leak from draincock assembly at block

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoNat

Reaction score
ok, trying to figure out what seals the tube at the insertion point into the block - cannot see any seal or o-ring listed on the diagram. :bang head:

the drain tube below the radiator - where it inserts into the block is leaking. anyone have any ideas or has anyone replaced this tube or had to re-seal it?

Attachments

• RADIATORHOSE.jpg
    RADIATORHOSE.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 64
Yes, this tube has a "O" ring that installs on the tube then slip-fit the tube into the thermostat housing. Remove the tube from the housing & take a look to see if the "O" ring is stuck up in the housing bore? The "O" ring is item #30 on your parts diagram. 30 93210-14104-00O-RING

As Damon noted you can easily replace that o-ring. You might be able to also lightly tap the tube with a rubber/plastic mallet and see if you can get the leak to stop. It's very common for them to leak during first starts after a long sitting or even a big temp shift.

Damon, ya lost me on #30 - 30 on that diagram is a spring the protects the lower end of the hose leading to the filler neck. it's the other end of the tube that goes into the lower block that i am looking at. just curious, where did you find the part number? if it's right, going to get it ordered Monday.

Sean - tried tapping when i first noticed it, seemed to slow it a little. is just a slow occasional drip. the diagram doesn't show the o-ring at the block location. would you be able to confirm Damon's part # on the o-ring?

ah, ok... dif diagram from dif year... shoulda thought to check that!

it's leaking right from the block location that is shown with the o-ring on the diagram you linked to... draincock o-ring is ok.

thanks for the help everyone!

Rockett here, regarding the drain cock "O" ring replacement, can I unscrew the Phillips screw & that release the On/off valve for "O" ring replacement? Does the valve just pull out once the set screw is backed out? Anyone know the "O" ring part #? '89 V Max. Thanks so much!! Great forum.

You can get #29 separately but not listed. I'll check my notes after work for the part number.

The dealer will tell you you have to buy the whole assembly, because of the mistake in the parts manual. See all the above. That O=ring is used in other areas.

Rockett here, regarding the drain cock "O" ring replacement, can I unscrew the Phillips screw & that release the On/off valve for "O" ring replacement? Does the valve just pull out once the set screw is backed out? Anyone know the "O" ring part #? '89 V Max. Thanks so much!! Great forum.

The tip of the phillips screw fits in a groove in the plastic valve body....loosening it will allow the valve to be pulled out but be careful as there is a spring and detent ball sitting in a hole in the valve body that will fly out, never to be seen again....if it isn't corroded in place.

Latest posts

Back