Dropped the Vmax...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffee_brake

Reaction score
...on the clay hill outside the shop, trying to move the bike out of the rain. I finally got to see if I could pick it up myself (I can, even though it fell on an incline so I had to lift it from downhill), and nothing's really hurt except my sunglasses are full of red Georgia clay now. Damn bitch is heavy, though.

But the fuel pump won't turn off. It spins up and stops like it usually does when you turn the key, but when I start the bike, it comes back on and won't turn off.

Air in the lines? Will riding it make it bubble on through and get right? Or am I burning up the fuel pump?

There's a half-tank in there...

how long did you let it sit for before you turned it on? i've had bikes do all sorts of things when they've been over or whatnot until you give it an hour or so to let the gas settle out

glad to hear u and the bike are ok otherwise tho

It was on its side for 30 seconds at the most (time flies when you're embarassed!) and has been sitting for over an hour now. Still doing the same thing, fuel pump spins up, turns off as usual, and then when I start the engine it turns back on and doesn't stop pumping.

I just want to make sure I'm not about to burn up the fuel pump when I ride the muddy girl home. Wish I could wash it here....it's very obvious she's been in the dirt today...oh the shame....

It took over 30 minutes after I fell over to start again. Some sort of tip switch I believe.

OK I tapped the carbs with it running. I think it's OK now, I can't distinguish the sound of the fuel pump operating while the engine is running, like I could before.
It was running when I dropped it and I lunged for the off switch as soon as I stopped tumbling. It was running while sideways for maybe 4 seconds? It took a few tries on the button but it started up within a minute of falling.

Thanks fellas. Maybe I can run through some puddles and get the mud off the pipes...sheesh....

Will an R1 (98) front end fit the Vmax?

the R1 won't fit without a custom set of triples. They run about $1200-$1500 for one brand. Cycle one off sells another setup and I have one custom upper we made that I would sell (still looking at $500). either way it ain't cheap.

Sean

Attachments

• First Ride - Staci 2005 small.JPG
    First Ride - Staci 2005 small.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 36
Me and my max have had two of those "OH SHIT" moments, one on each side LOL
so, hopefully were done with that for now. Just glad that you`re alright.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Mine likes the left side for some reason. Third time so far....always left side....always felt like an idiot.

Thanks Sean, I just parted out the chasis from a '98 today, it was wishful thinking. Already got the calipers (working them off from my wages). Does anything fit right out of the box for a trick front end?

Vmax is just fine now, rode it all over town, went on reserve, no hiccups at all. Just still getting sand out of my helmet every time I put it on.....

Nothing just bolts on. The old FZR1000 forks (I want to say 87/88) I do think was a direct bolt on but I don't think they were inverted - maybe just larger tubes and incredible brakes.

Sean

HEY COFFEE , THANK GOD YOU WEREN'T PINNED UNDER THAT THING ! THESE V-MAX'S ARE SURELY ANCHOR'S ! MY BIKE , " PERFORMANCE WISE ", IS STOCK , EVEN THE EXHAUST , BUT I CAN'T HEAR MY FUEL PUMP RUNNING WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING , ARE YOU SURE ITS NOT SOMETHING ELSE ?...:confused2:

Latest posts

Back