dry float level

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davey

Reaction score
Hi there can someone tell me were the measurement is from and to i believe it to be 16mm but from were

I used this along with these forums, I'm one of those guys that needs a visual to grasp it.
http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prody11.html

I set mine to the leanest end of the acceptable range, but I'm at 4000+' and ride upwards from here. I set mine at 1.115" but first used my caliper to measure a piece of plastic stock and shaved/shaped it to work perfectly as a Venture/Vmax float gauge tool. I have one end at 1.115 and the other at 1.125" just in case I decide to change it up. My cheap-o caliper was a little awkward to get in there with.

Here at sea level 16-mm works well for me. I've always used the circle on the jet block to get in the ball park, then it's a wet check to verify. As a mechanic for many decades, I'm embarrassed to type how many times I took my carbs apart until I got them right the first time. It's well worth the efforts. Now I can get them spot on most of the time. Dannymax,Sean, Mark, and many more of you. without you guys I'd have struggled even more. This forum rocks!

Back