Dumb Question.... Pit Bull Stands & VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaMax

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got a ZRX1100 w/spools that my PitBull stand will lift the rear of the bike with. I don't see anywhere on the VMax's swingarm where I can install spools. How do I get the VMax up on the stand?

Thanks brothers....:punk:

Given that the Max uses a drive shaft I doubt you will be able to use your pit stand. You need more height then the center stand will give you? I've slipped a 2x4 under the center stand before, but unless you are truly a He-Man you will need a helping hand to get it up on the center stand that way.

Most any parts shop can sell a small motorcycle lift that slips between the wheels and lift on the frame. I got one from NAPA for about 150 bucks. I know someone here on the forums had a friend getting rid of a full size lift you drive up on though if you are wanting to use a pit stand you are likely not in the market for a full size lift.

Thanks for the response Blurr.. No center stand - I have a Hindle header. I'm wondering if I can change out the supports on the pitbull to the flat ones with padding..

How is everyone else lifting (centering) their bikes without the use of the centerstand?

Thanks for the response Blurr.. No center stand - I have a Hindle header. I'm wondering if I can change out the supports on the pitbull to the flat ones with padding..

How is everyone else lifting (centering) their bikes without the use of the centerstand?

I use a bike/atv lift I picked up from sears for about $90. Its been very reliable.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...921x00003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=00950190000

33907719.jpg

I haven't tried my Pitbull but I have used the Woodcraft rear stand I used on R6 Track bike. The Woodcraft has an angle on a shaft with a spring to give some adjustment. The differential does have an effect, the stand contacts it a bit before the R.H. swing arm but it was very stable. I used a thin spacer to get it level.

even though you don't have a CS with the hindle you should be able to get one and throw it on the brackets.

otherwise KJs idea works well.

We lift them with the pitbulls we have. Works just fine. Under the axle nut on one side and the little bit of axle sticking out of the swingarm on the other. We have the adjustable width stands though.

You can also drill and tap the studs to accept a bolt instead of a nut. This allows you to put spools on there. We did this on the "toxic" swingarm.

Sean

We lift them with the pitbulls we have. Works just fine. Under the axle nut on one side and the little bit of axle sticking out of the swingarm on the other. We have the adjustable width stands though.

You can also drill and tap the studs to accept a bolt instead of a nut. This allows you to put spools on there. We did this on the "toxic" swingarm.

Sean

sean, to the rescue once again!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdIev12fCPs&feature=youtu.be
mechanic-299x300.jpg

I just purchased a pit bull brand rear stand made for the Vmax. It is extra wide and made for the gen 2. My bike is a 2016 and has small spools on the swing arm. They are real small and don’t look like spools but on pit bulls web sight they show their stand being used on these spools. I tried the stand that I use on my gsxr1000 but it is too narrow.

I just purchased a pit bull brand rear stand made for the Vmax. It is extra wide and made for the gen 2. My bike is a 2016 and has small spools on the swing arm. They are real small and don’t look like spools but on pit bulls web sight they show their stand being used on these spools. I tried the stand that I use on my gsxr1000 but it is too narrow.
Can you post a pic of how everything lines up?

My bike is put away for the winter. But here is the web sight that I found that shows 1 side of the bike on the stand. My 2016 vmax has the small spools already on it that are in their photo. The spool forks are adjustable. The stand is super beefy. Go to www.pit-bull.com/rear-Yamaha-vmax-09-18. It is a little pricey but well worth the money. Good luck

Here is a photo of the pit-bull rear stand for the gen 2 vmax. Awesome stand

Never a
Hey guys,

I've got a ZRX1100 w/spools that my PitBull stand will lift the rear of the bike with. I don't see anywhere on the VMax's swingarm where I can install spools. How do I get the VMax up on the stand?

Thanks brothers....:punk:
Great question, not dumb. I have an old pit bull style stand that I had been meaning to mod monkey for the Max and will now proceed to git'er done.

I just ordered the Pit Bull rear stand for the Gen2. I am not sure about a front yet.... Or a full lift..... This could be a couple of grand before ever putting a wrench on the bike... Oh well, if it fell over it would be much more expensive.

Back