Dumb question re: fuel hose

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldguy

Reaction score
I'm probably going the Tourtank route for a bigger gas capacity and can't find the size of fuel hose to order for my 04? Tried searching the various forums, Google etc.
Thanks.
Jack.

O'Riellys' should have it by the reel, buy the fuel injection hose. It is tougher, less prone to kinking, and will last just about forever.

As far as sizing if your trying to match what you have just take the hose from the carb to the fuel pump in with you for a sample?

I'm guessing probably 1/4", maybe 5/16"...

1/4" I think. At least that's the listed size of the fitting on the universal NAPA fuel filter I'm using (# 3011).

5/16" is the first hose from the tank to the fuel pump. 1/4" comes out of the fuel pump to the carbs

Any legitimate question is not dumb, that's what this forum is all about. :)

This.... You're never the only guy who's wondering. Trust me. The advantage of you asking the question is that now others will be able to search and get good info quickly. There are lots of guys on here that have worked on different areas on the bike. Some are electrical wizards. Some are mechanical. Some have seen more problems than others. It's all good. This is probably the most polite forum I've ever been on. People here really do want to help each other out.

Post lots of pics when you get your tourtank set up. A couple other guys had them and just let the hose sit up under the seat so they could just gravity fill their stock tank by pulling off to the side of the road. If you don't want to go through all the fitting mess, you could do that. Sean also suggested to me when I was initially investigating a tourtank, that I could replace the fuel drain screw on the stock tank with a fuel fitting and run the line from the aux tank down there. You'd still need a cut-off valve, but it would be very clean and easy to do with their quick disconnect stuff.

Thanks for the help.
I'm probably going to order the stuff early August. I'm looking at a 4 gallon tank that is 8" dia. by 14" long and putting it in a suitable gear bag and hopefully avoid the beer keg look.
I will post up photos of the finished product.
Jack.

That's crazy size!!!! You could ride probably at least 110 miles with that thing on there. ;) . Are you going with a Tourtank? I'm looking at a plastic 1g tank from Jaz.

Latest posts

Back