Dumb question warning...........lol

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Where is the A/F screws, are they the same 3 that you adjust when syncing the carbs?

Where is the A/F screws, are they the same 3 that you adjust when syncing the carbs?

No. They are in the 6:00 position, under the diaphram covers. There is a brass cover (if it hasn't been drilled out yet) or a rubber cap over them.

Post # 1, second pic....at the bottom of the carb , you can see the brass edge of the a/f screw in the hole. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=5830

carbplugs.jpg

My bike smells like it runs really lean, are there any how to guides that show how to adjust this a/f screw and how to know when it's right? I asume it has to be done on each carb?

Thanks
Ron

ron, if yure bike "smells" i assume yu mean the exhaust?? that would lead me to think yure on the rich side. but anyhoo, this is what i do.

1 st get yureself a proper fitting littel screwdriver.
those screws are brass and yu do not wanna mess em up!!
warm up the bike and set idle to 1000 rpm.do one carb at a time.
turn IN each screw slowly until yu see the idle drop or become unstable. then back out that screw 1/2 turn. do this for all 4. after yu may have to re adjust idle to where yu want it.

if you really want to get it spot on then this will do the trick
http://www.gadgetjq.com/ctune.htm

Thanks, I said lean but I meant rich........lol I will order the color tune I already have the carbtune pro so they should go good rogether. I noticed that on the instructions is says a 16 mm socket, I believe my plugs take a 18 mm socket, is that just the size of the colortune that is a 16mm and it doesn't matter if my plugs take a bigger socket> I guess I am wondering if there rae different size colortunes for different bikes?

Thanks
Ron

Thanks, I said lean but I meant rich........lol I will order the color tune I already have the carbtune pro so they should go good rogether. I noticed that on the instructions is says a 16 mm socket, I believe my plugs take a 18 mm socket, is that just the size of the colortune that is a 16mm and it doesn't matter if my plugs take a bigger socket> I guess I am wondering if there rae different size colortunes for different bikes?

Thanks
Ron

They don't go good together at all IMO! The colortune is a bitch to use....you'll want to research this more.

ok, it's tied 1 to 1 anyone else want to vote............lol

I thank each of you for your opinion but unfortunately you ask 10 people and you get 7 different answers.

I thank each of you for your opinion but unfortunately you ask 10 people and you get 7 different answers.

:rofl_200: The way of the world! Usually get 10 different answers! :punk:

I bought a colortune and had a hell of a time trying to use it on the v max. I think the concept is terrific, and I'm sure it works like a charm on a lawnmower.....but there was not enough room around the v max engine for me to use it.

I was thrilled when I bought it and more thrilled to get rid of it.....but that's just my experience.

Someone else may have had better luck with it. :confused2:

this coming from the guy who removed his engine to do his fork seals? saying something was too much of a pain?

i'd take dannys advice, he doesn't cut corners or do shit half-assed so i'd follow him without using it myself

Thanks......... I guess I'll save the money and not buy it. The concept sounds good but if it doesn't work that is all it is a good sounding concept.

I've got the colortune but I don't know how useful it is. It can give you ballpark ranges to tune but you still need to fine tune by trial and error or dyno.

No such thing as a dumb question....even the experts on here didn't know jack shit about a Vmax at one point in their lives......you wont know unless you ask.....:ummm:

-Mike

So ill give you the 8th answer...do not listen to them, they all wrong :rofl_200:

Kiddo...i would do exactyl as Danny said.
Colortune is a gadget.

Can you explain what the control.. and what happens id they are in too far or out too far. I just want to understand what I am dealing with and also it helps me to know the why's and how's to better understand rather than just the what's.

Thanks

Ron

Back