Dumbass award?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beekeeper

Reaction score
Ok, a couple of us are meeting at my place and going down to the Fox Shaumut hills free drag day at US131 motorsports Park in Martin Mi, I had cleaned up the bike last night and was adding 1/2 qt of oil this morning when DaMax showed up, we got our gear together and hit the road, made the trip in good time hitting the tripple digits frequently, when we got to the gates I wanted to check my phone for messages and shut the bike down, Jeremy said I was smoking out the right side pretty good, I took a peek and discovered I had left the oil fill cap at home!.....What a freaking mess!..........:bang head:..........I called Lee and had him drop by the house on the way down, I used a bunch of bathroom towels to clean it up the best I could, thankfully I had not lost much oil as I was still in the middle of the sight glass, I guess if this is the worst thing that happens today I can live with it!........Thank you Lee for comming to my rescue, and thanks to DaMax for helping me wipe up the mess.........Tom.

Attachments

• DSCN0633.JPG
    DSCN0633.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN0634.JPG
    DSCN0634.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 58
Don't feel bad Tom, I did the same thing with my first bike 1982 Honda Sabre. Got to work in the am and noticed my right pant leg was saturated, but no harm to the motor. We have a saying at work " Take 2 for safety " and that really is all it takes so we don't overlook the little stuff that can turn bad real quick.

Better the fill plug than the drain plug! You know, the "710" part...

Is this the new, economical and improved method for venting the crankcase for Stage7? Or maybe your version of rust proofing? No harm, no foul, at least you had plenty of oil in it and nothing harmed. Thanks for sharing that story. Just remember, many people have done much worse, but it did raise a chuckle on this end! Hmmm, maybe a James Bond smokescreen VMax!....lol

Todd

Back