Dumping at 35mph is expensive

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well for the stator....now you know why Yamaha made engine guards. If you don't mind me asking...what happened?

That sucks but just be happy you are alright.
The bike can always be fixed and is much less painful and less expensive than a life flight and multiple surgeries.
Believe me hitting a ditch at about 35 mph is MUCH worse.
My bike had a lot of the same damage but it's getting close to being back better than it was before the crash.
The crash bars are definitely worth getting they saved my cases for getting trashed.

I'm okay, just a bit of road rash, and more importantly my passenger was completely unharmed. I've attached a picture with a Google street view that I added an arrow to. On the street, there is a white line that turns into a 6" tall curb that is painted to look just like the white line, my front tire bumped that and I wound up doing a sweet rail grind on that for about 15 feet on the frame/stator cover before the bike slowed down to 10mph and we bailed off. No serious injuries is a super plus, and I already talked to Sean and he has all the parts I'll need. It's at the dealership right now and my friend that works there is going to do a very thorough estimate in exchange for a case of Coors light.

Attachments

• 1411088229897.jpg
    1411088229897.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 81
sorry to here, glad you ok, the bike can be repaired, i had my 2014 ford gt mustang total a few weeks ago. boy i no the feeling.

I wonder if there is an award for being accident prone... Maybe we should start a tally for all us maxers.

that sux.
glad your ok..man.
maybe they should paint that "curb" thingy yellow. I thought white was ok to drive on, yellow is more caution.?.. maybe that's judt my interpretation.

T$

I thought white was ok to drive on, yellow is more caution.?.. maybe that's judt my interpretation.

Umm ... here is how it works in the US.

Yellow should be to your left side. It indicates the left border of lanes traveling in the direction you are pointed.

Broken (dashed) lines can be crossed. Note that crossing a dashed yellow line means that you are facing oncoming traffic and it is expeditious to return to the right side of the dashed yellow as quickly as possible.

Solid (continuous) lines should not be crossed. Enforcement is inconsistent, but the solid line indicates that lane changing (crossing) is prohibited. Solid lines are not ok to drive/ride on. I will admit it can be fun ... till a curb jumps out and bites you in the tire.

Finally ... just in case ... never expect a cager to observe any guidelines including the lane marking guidelines I just attempted to explain.

To the OP ... glad you, your passenger and your max will recover. Got me some curb stories of my own ... my favorite is the 15 foot tall rooster tail of sparks I showered a friend with on a dark road. I never saw the curb and nearly pissed myself when I saw the sparks in the mirror. All I could do was ride it out because I could not see the curb in front of me. 50 feet later I was shaken, but the friend I showered was highly animated and impressed.

One thing too about white and yellow lines...dashed and solid. They are INCREDIBLY SLICK in the rain!!! Your Vmax might grip the road very well in the rain, and then hit one of those, and your rear end scoots over 4 inches. Not a good feeling.

So you mean you have done this more than once. Glad your ok

This is the third "incident" I've had on the Max since purchasing it. The first incident involved me losing traction in my bestfriends gravel driveway and kicking the rear tire out and into his race cars exhaust, which resulted in no damage to the Max, but me having to replace his muffler and deciding torque + gravel = bad. The second incident involved me being at dinner with friends and some drunk ass backing into my parked Max, quite hard, and knocking it over onto my friends bike, causing roughly $4k in damages to my Max and my friends mint condition 1978 Honda CM400A. Then there's this incident. All of these happening between August of last year and now.

All of the above bud but just a small remark, now that you are going to work on the bike just turn the grips around as the metal part faces the controls not the other way around... :biglaugh:

Back