Dunlop Qualifiers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
What's the general opinion on these tires here?

Reviews on the net say they are good - but I want to hear from Vmax owners what they think.

I love the white lettering they sport too. Sharp!
________
buy iolite

Last edited:
I thought they wore kind of fast myself. If I still ran the oem wheels I would go with Metz's or Shinkos.

expect no more than 2500 - 3000 miles and to pay twice the amount of shinko's

if you are going to go that route money wise i' get the metz's i think either shinko or metz comes with whitewall if u like that look

I seem to have read on hear that Lankee said that he had some Michelins that worked well.
Not sure the model but I seem to remember that they were
cheaper than the Metz.

Why are they shit?
The reason I ask is because I'm having them priced now...

I know this sounds silly - but I really like the raised white lettering - not white walls.

Is there a generally accepted best tire?
________
Ford Cougar (Europe) history

Last edited:
Why are they shit?
The reason I ask is because I'm having them priced now...

I know this sounds silly - but I really like the raised white lettering - not white walls.

Is there a generally accepted best tire?

get a shinko and a white permanent marker... honestly.

Stock Dunlops are not as sticky on dry pavement as the Shinko's. I got tired of sliding around rotarys with the OEM's. Those white letters are hard to keep clean too.

I have to admit it, I too like the look of those white letters as the rear end slids around in front of me right before I slide into that telephone pole:bang head:

I think the Dunlop Q's are the coolest looking tires I've ever seen on a bike, but I've seen nothing but bad reviews & I'm a cheap-ass, so I went with stock size Shinkos - they stick like glue compared to the Bridgestones my bike came with.

My (used) '05 came with a Dunlop on back with raised white lettering, stock sized. I've never had any problems at all with it to be honest. Only reason I'd go with something else is to get something wider.

they look good but they handle like crap. once you go with say the me 880s its like a differant bike.
michael

Hey guys, I have been running the Michellin Commander II for years now, my size is 180/70B15

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Speaking as a tire tech only the problem I have with ROLWL or whitewalls is that the "white" is actually untreated rubber and doesn't go through the carbon black process like the rest of the tire.

BfGoodrich ( pass/light truck not MC ) industry has gone away from rolwl in some brands in favor of black raised letters claiming a 33% stronger sidewall.

I would imagine some of that would apply to motorcycle tires.

Just my 2 cents hope it helps

(Ps) To better understand what i mean about white being untreated rubber take a look at ROLWL vehicles in a parking lot sometime, see all those sidewalls ground down from curb parking? Sometimes you can even see the two layers peeling away from each other.

Last edited:
Back