Dunlop sportmax front tire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
Over this winter I'm gonna need to put new tires on my bike. Now I did find a new Dunlop 250/40R/18 for the rear from RockyMountain motorsports for $175.99 w/ free shipping but my front is a 120/70R/19 and they don't show that size on their website. Anyone know where to find that size Dunlop tire. I did see Avon has that size for about $155.00 but would like a matching set but Avon wants a lot more for the same size rear as the Dunlop. Any ideas?

I do sell some tires too but not sure I can compete with some other places.

Sean

I'm sorry Sean I never even thought of you for tires (although I shoulda figured) especially the sizes of mine are pretty unusual. See what a 250/40R/18 and a 120/70R/19 would cost me. I'm also nervous as a whore in church of who I'm gonna get to mount them. Performance Machine discontinued the trinity and if some local yokel messes one up mounting them I'm hosed. Is that a credible concern or are the wheels tougher than I think?

I'm sorry Sean I never even thought of you for tires (although I shoulda figured) especially the sizes of mine are pretty unusual. See what a 250/40R/18 and a 120/70R/19 would cost me. I'm also nervous as a whore in church of who I'm gonna get to mount them. Performance Machine discontinued the trinity and if some local yokel messes one up mounting them I'm hosed. Is that a credible concern or are the wheels tougher than I think?
I know how you feel Ed, I am tha same way with my Carrozzeria's. I must have made the tire changer (their lead mechanic who is his mid 30's) a little nervous too since he let me help! They went on with no problem/ marks with very little help from me. He only charged me $20 and didn't put it on the books!
I have used this shop sparingly over the last 6 years but have tried to use them now that I know Dennis (lead mechanic) a little better, he been working on Yamaha's for about 15 years and seems to care that it gets done right. I hope you are able to find someone you can put your faith in Ed, it would be sad to hear that your beautiful Vmax was damaged by some ham fisted mechanic.

Ed,

I had the same concerns with my new wheels. The lips are polished so I didn't want them to get scratched/dinged during tire installation.

I ended up taking them to crossroads motorsports on rt 910. Its about halfway between saxonburg blvd and rt 8. They did a good job with no issues. Only thing I can even think to complain about was whatever lube they use dried and got sticky and was a bitch to clean up but that is no big deal. Much better than scratches.

They charge 25-$30/ tire to install. They said if you purchase the tires from them, its cheaper. They also said that they would match any advertised price on the 'net on any part, tires or OEM stuff. I haven't tested them with this though.

If you find something else local that can be trusted and has good pricing please let me know.

I know how you feel Ed, I am tha same way with my Carrozzeria's. I must have made the tire changer (their lead mechanic who is his mid 30's) a little nervous too since he let me help! They went on with no problem/ marks with very little help from me. He only charged me $20 and didn't put it on the books!
I have used this shop sparingly over the last 6 years but have tried to use them now that I know Dennis (lead mechanic) a little better, he been working on Yamaha's for about 15 years and seems to care that it gets done right. I hope you are able to find someone you can put your faith in Ed, it would be sad to hear that your beautiful Vmax was damaged by some ham fisted mechanic.

/hijack

the front cazz at least actually is a bit tougher than normal rims as their indentation isn't very deep for the trailing edge of the tire to sit into. my 130 shinko put up a good fight.

/end hijack

Latest posts

Back