• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

DYMAG 17" wheels with Michelin Pilot Roads mounted -SOLD-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclejohn

Reaction score
SOLD

Up for consideration I have a set of 17" DYMAG 17" wheels with Michelin Pilot Road tires mounted. The tires have about 700 miles on them and that number will creep up the longer they are mounted on my bike.

I bought these from Sean Morley at the end of last year and just got around to mounting tires on them a couple of months ago.

They are a very nice example of DYMAG wheels. With the Michelin PRs mounted it makes the bike feel like it has power steering. Anyone running 17" radials can attest to that.

I had to mount my own brake rotors off of my stock wheels onto them when I purchased them and the person that buys them will have to do the same because I have to put the rotors back onto my stock rims.

Included with the sale will be the YZF6R speedo drive unit that I bought off ebay to correct the speedo for the 17" wheel. This drive unit corrects the speedo but the odometer is still off 5 miles for every 100 miles ridden because of the 17" wheel.

The wheels are mounted on my bike now and will stay there until they are sold.

Reason for sale. My youngest just graduated high school this week and was accepted at the college that I hoped she might attend. She doesn't move in until August but the preliminary crap has taken a poor man and made a broke man out of him. True story, lol.

But anyway,

$1300 + shipping + paypal fees (if you choose paypal)

Thanks,
John
DSCF0234.jpg

DSCF0233.jpg

Last edited:
Re: DYMAG 17" wheels with Michelin Pilot Roads mounted

PM sent

Nice looking rims.

That's an interesting cap on the Supertrapp slip-ons.

Great deal for a set wheels made in England that cost over $3000 new ($3475). I know this since I have a set on my 2005 and love them!!! I picked up a set of these a few years back and polished them out to a great shine. Take a look at my picture of my bike to see how they look in the sun. AMAZING.....

Attachments

• bike4.JPG
    bike4.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 53

These cost way more than 2000$ new. Dymag is British. And they are magnesium not aluminium. Same stuff airplane rims are made of. Much lighter.

Definitely a great deal..... My preference is a set in Carbon Fiber , if you can find 'em.

Attachments

• BB C.F.  Dymag Rear Wheel.jpg
    BB C.F. Dymag Rear Wheel.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 48

Wow, CF wheels, I saw some Gen II's at Boxenstopp's during Daytona Bike Week w/them. The bikes practically floated-away, they were so-light! :rofl_200:

I saw a beryllium racing bicycle and it made a titanium bike seem heavy by comparison (I have a Litespeed Ti roadbike).

These are definitely a great boost to the 'wow-factor' on any bike. I like a stock-appearing bike that has subtle additions like this, and which has performance to match. Remember the chain-drive guy found that running a stock bike converted to chain drive was the most reliable, and very fast.

My hat is off to cyclejohn for putting his daughter's education foremost. As a college educator for many years, I know he's doing a great thing for her.

Definitely a great deal..... My preference is a set in Carbon Fiber , if you can find 'em.

These are for my black Blackbird , not a VMax , but the principal is the same ..... great looks , very rare , light weight and bring money. :punk:

They came from a highly modded white Blackbird....

Attachments

• BB - Whitebird   8.jpg
    BB - Whitebird 8.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 37
  • BB - Whitebird   15.jpg
    BB - Whitebird 15.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 43

That's an interesting cap on the Supertrapp slip-ons.

I had asked in the "EXHAUST" section of the forum if anyone had ever made a set of custom tips for their ST slip-ons and there were no replies so I guessed nobody had. Most every bike I have ever owned one of the first things I have done is take the stock exhaust off and put on something a little louder with better flow. I still had several sets of those stock exhaust systems. On a lot of bikes the stock systems have 4" removable tips. The ST slip-ons on my Vmax now wear a set of exhaust tips from an '00 Honda Ace Tourer, lol. I'm not through with them yet. I still need to fab a tapered "filler" section for where the tips meet the pipes so that they look like they were made for each other. Once I make those pieces I plan on painting them. The chrome of the tips kinda clashes with the SS of the STs but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

John

Well would'ja looky-here, what's that in the back of that truck? Thanks, cyclejohn!

Some interesting things found at the shop this day. What's that to the left of the truck?

It's a T-Rex! Ninja engine reverse trike. The wire harness went kablooey.

Here's a better shot of it. It was hot & muggy. Any shade is better than none.

And here's a "bobber" based on a 1980's mid-sized Yamaha cruiser. I like the gearshift and the scooped tank. I predict:

• the owner drinks Pabst Blue Ribbon beer
  • he wears Converse Hi-Tops and long-sleeved flannel shirts even in the FL summer
  • his helmet is an open-face, flat black, the better to show-off his scraggly facial hair
  • his phone cost almost as-much as his motorcycle
  • no girlfriend
Awhile ago the bike at the shop that was interesting was a Hyosung 650 twin, turbocharged! Dig the name. A 'work in-progress.'

Attachments

• Dymag.01.jpg
    Dymag.01.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 26
  • TRex.01.jpg
    TRex.01.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Seca bobber.01.jpg
    Seca bobber.01.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Hyosung turbo.jpg
    Hyosung turbo.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 20

Looking forward to seeing pics of your bike once you have them mounted up Fire-Medic.

John

Latest posts

Back