Dyna 3000 ignition a good upgrade?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I think I have ONE unit left. Then we'll have to wait for another group buy. I do sell the dyna products if you're interested and the newest experimental version they have is better then the old one but still not the same as the ignitech unit!

Sean

The Ignatech offers a lot of options. V-boost operation for one. Infinite advance curves and many settings. Cops and an Ignatech unit are a great upgrade.
Steve

I got a used DYNA w/the dip-switches, and am happy to have its rev-limiter capacity and ignition box functions in-place of the stock CDI ignition box.

The Ignitech has more features, but wasn't available plug & play for us when I needed a box to replace a faulty stock unit. I didn't want to spend the $$$ for a stock Yamaha box, and the DYNA has provided me w/good service. I have caught the rev limiter a couple of times so I know it works. My take-if you have a chance to buy a DYNA at a good price, and new or used, it's less than an Ignitech, and you wouldn't use the additional features the Ignitech allows, then the DYNA would be a good choice. If you are gonna spend more than your bike is worth on modding it (2X, 3X, 4X...?) then maybe the Ignitech is for you right from the get-go.

I had the Dyna in a Honda Shadow 750, and I found it to be an excellent unit for what it does.

Like Fire-medic said, it all depends on what you want out of your ignition. Myself, I would most likely get the Ignatech unit, because I like how you can COMPLETELY tailor your curves and rev limits for each gear you're in even.

Is the ignitech REALLY plug and play including starter software/pre built maps, new map sensor all cables etc?

What's the price for the whole turnkey package including the new sensor and everything to run the Vboost?

I've spent some time on the ignitech thread and it seems like lots of discussion on getting it set up.

The Ignatech for sure sounds like a better unit regardless tho'

The new Dynas are completely able to be tailored now using software and laptop. But only two maps, each with three curves for full, part throttle and retard driven by the map sesnor.
Still don't have all the features the Ignatech has tho'
Their tech guy told me the dip switch units are completely discontinued, all they make is the new unit, and there's a backlog....didn't say anything about it being experimental, but I didn't ask either.....

I'm a bit curious about the ignitech unit myself. Is the curve fully developed and maximized for the vmax? Any dyno comparisons of a good stock unit back to back with the ignitech? I would hate to take a step back in performance. If only the stock unit had a rev limiter

I have not had a chance to tune the new Ignitech I finally installed on my bike. But it ran quite well for my drag strip runs a couple of weeks ago. You can tune the curve any way you want in any gear you want with any rev limiter you want to control any accessories you want and so on and so on. It can even control the vboost unit eliminating the black box.

I sell them for $325 plus shipping with all items needed including the vboost adapter cable and computer cabling, pressure sensor, and misc.

Well if anyone wants an old dyna 3000 for 93 and above I will sell it. It's brand new in the box I bought last spring from captain Kyle. If I sell it I'll try the igniteck. If not I'm gonna install the dyna. I really only want it for the rev limiter but the ingnitech is peeking my interest.
Inbox me if your interested.

The newer Dyna's are plug & play...installed mine in 20min & fired right up. It does have a mini USB port for laptop hookup and they provide the software via download. Have not hooked a PC up to mine, but might look into it once exhaust & jet kit are installed.

Latest posts

Back