dyna 3000 info

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmullins

Reaction score
Went to tri state raceway today with friends had a blast first time at the track. I have the dyna 3000 on setting 4,10000 rpms ran 116's-117mph made 10 passes till I felt I wouldn't do much better then switched it to stock settings and then every pass was high 118's-119.33mph my best et was 11.3 . I found some guy dynoed his with evey setting and stock was the best. I agree.my friend has a chain drive max and he was running 121mph in the 1/4 mile I was right behind him. My carbs a not right I'm at 10-1 a/f if I try to lean it out it pops at 5000rpms I don't know still fast sorry for kickin your ass woody tahehe:}

I'm running mine on the stock setting and it seems to run great. Gas mileage was 40.5 on a ride yesterday too.... I even found the rev limiter a few times...Now, I know it works....:rofl_200:

That's why I got it for the Rev limiter I found to a buddy has spun his main bearing so its worth it

You can buy just a rev limiter for around $200+ from Dyna. It should work with cops and TCI ignitions too. Anyone got one?
The stock advance curve seems to have been worked out already by Yamaha, for running on pump gas anyway. So, what's the advantage of a Dyna 3000?
Steve

Last edited:
The retard mode for nitrous and supercharger applications. This and the rev limiter are the reasons I went with a Dyna.

The retard mode for nitrous and supercharger applications. This and the rev limiter are the reasons I went with a Dyna.

Have you been keeping up witht the Ignatech project KJ? If so I was wondering what your thought on it are?
I looked into upgrading to a digital ignition, all OEM. Way to much money. I'll work with the TCI. Or, get a newer bike.
Regards,
Steve-o

Latest posts

Back