dyna 3000

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
I finally found out that as I thought my ignition was not working.They tested it and found that : the 2 stage limiter was not working and that it was not advancing the timing. The only thing that was working was the top limiter.
They shipped my new one thursday along with my new dynaS for my honda.I should have them wednesday.

My topend is setup for 30 degrees advance. I feel it shit the bed right after I went to flatslides. I remember the first test rides and the power.I about flipped it in 3rd the first time I got into it.

I have heard bad things about these dyna 3000's,Its too bad that they are the only option that we have with our vmax's.

I finally found out that as I thought my ignition was not working.They tested it and found that : the 2 stage limiter was not working and that it was not advancing the timing. The only thing that was working was the top limiter.
They shipped my new one thursday along with my new dynaS for my honda.I should have them wednesday.

My topend is setup for 30 degrees advance. I feel it shit the bed right after I went to flatslides. I remember the first test rides and the power.I about flipped it in 3rd the first time I got into it.

I have heard bad things about these dyna 3000's,Its too bad that they are the only option that we have with our vmax's.

Yeah... As I was thinking about getting one someday... That is if my bike is ever whole! :whistlin:

I don't know about the Dyna for the ealry models but the late model unit has a dead on rev limiter.

It also has retard but unfortuneatly isn't "switchable" like the older ones, as in send it a signal and get instant retard for nitrous F/I use.

Mine has worked great for 15,000 miles now. It definetly advances as I can feel the detonation if I set it too far advanced. I run it on curve 5 with a stock motor. Curve 4 (which is more advanced than curve 5 WTF ??? but theier tech people say the curve sheet is right) makes it detonate under hard accelaretaion. It made my idle higher and much easier statring.

Later,

rusty

I don't know about the Dyna for the ealry models but the late model unit has a dead on rev limiter.

It also has retard but unfortuneatly isn't "switchable" like the older ones, as in send it a signal and get instant retard for nitrous F/I use.

Mine has worked great for 15,000 miles now. It definetly advances as I can feel the detonation if I set it too far advanced. I run it on curve 5 with a stock motor. Curve 4 (which is more advanced than curve 5 WTF ??? but theier tech people say the curve sheet is right) makes it detonate under hard accelaretaion. It made my idle higher and much easier statring.

Later,

rusty

Well now I want one again...:bang head: House needs the money for now though...:thumbs up:

I'm definately looking into getting one myself. I'd like to see my dyno #'s a little higher than where they're at with the mods that are done.

What's the big deal with the Dyna 3000 ingnitions or whatever. Why does everyone feel the need to upgrade the ignition? Not much of an upgrade if it doesn't work!

I want it for the real rev limiter. I am too used to my late model bikes having one and I feel better with it there. You can also advance the curve somewhat which may help with boosting the power a bit!

:thumbs up:

I want it for the real rev limiter. I am too used to my late model bikes having one and I feel better with it there. You can also advance the curve somewhat which may help with boosting the power a bit!

:thumbs up:
I see. Is the stock ignition adjustable? With todays fuel being total crap, I don't see advancing ignition timing as being safe. As for the rev limiter, that's always a good idea if you're racing. Isn't there a stand alone rev limiter available?

Is there an advancer available with a rev limiter other than the Dyna 3000? I'm not worried about fuel quality. 600 rwhp on pump gas in my little 302 didn't do me wrong, I don't see why 125ish in the Max would, but I could be wrong.

Is there an advancer available with a rev limiter other than the Dyna 3000? I'm not worried about fuel quality. 600 rwhp on pump gas in my little 302 didn't do me wrong, I don't see why 125ish in the Max would, but I could be wrong.

Uhm... Yeah... It's a Ford man... You just plain CAN'T go wrong...:coolgleamA:

Nobody else makes an ignition for the vmax.

The ford thing?I'll never own another one.They can't take the abuse that I give them.They can't hold oil pressure very well either.

Nobody else makes an ignition for the vmax.

The ford thing?I'll never own another one.They can't take the abuse that I give them.They can't hold oil pressure very well either.

So on topic it's either the Dyna or nothing for your ignition, no way to advance the stock?

10 second street cars on pump gas with only 302 cubes aren't for everybody I guess. ;)

Finally got my Dyna 3000 back from Dynatek after 34 freakin days.My old one was junk,the new one immediately made my idle go from 1000 to 2000 rpm on curve 5.

I also got my new dyna 2000 for my dragbike,looks alot more complicated than the old dyna S and dyna 3000.I wish they made one for the vmax.

Seems to really run way better now that I'm getting some advance on my engine.

Last edited:
Finally got my Dyna 3000 back from Dynatek after 34 freakin days.My old one was junk,the new one immediately made my idle go from 1000 to 2000 rpm on curve 5.

I also got my new dyna 2000 for my dragbike,looks alot more complicated than the old dyna S and dyna 3000.I wish they made one for the vmax.

Seems to really run way better now that I'm getting some advance on my engine.

This might seem like a silly question but...
why would you want your idle at 2000:ummm:

I was saying that it jumped up to 2000rpm just by plugging in the dyna 3000 on curve 5.That means that it was advancing.Naturally I turned the carbs back down to 1100 or so.

I got it now, it was late and I was confused. That is a normal state for me.:whistlin:

I just picked up the Dyna 3000, my ignitor crapped out. Anyways I mainly commute with my bike, which curve would you suggest???:confused2:

Thanks in advance

Cheers:cheers:

I got it now, it was late and I was confused. That is a normal state for me.:whistlin:

I just picked up the Dyna 3000, my ignitor crapped out. Anyways I mainly commute with my bike, which curve would you suggest???:confused2:

Thanks in advance

Cheers:cheers:

Curve #3 or #5

Curve #4 is more advanced than #5, Thier curve sheet is not a misprint, I called their technical department and talked to them about it. They couldn't explain why but said the curve sheet was accurate and that somewhere in drafting and design it ended up that way.

Back