Dyna ign. and settings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyder13

Reaction score
Which setting seem to be the best on 2006 vmax? I have Vgas with ram air scoops. Getting mainly for rev limiter.

Which setting seem to be the best on 2006 vmax? I have Vgas with ram air scoops. Getting mainly for rev limiter.

None of those will be good for any RAM air setup - even the stock one.
As foor the carbs it depends of how the entire engine is bulid - mostly most of us are ok with curve 4.

I'm still testing things. Mine, the rev limiter seams a little soft. I wish it would just shut down at the rev limit that's set but it slows rpm progress like running low on fuel... Still, it is better than no limiter. Good Luck, We bought during a group buy. One guy on Ebay had prices low in the $200's...

A visual of your bike pops into my head nearly every day... I Love it...

Dave

PS: Just remembered, some of the guys (Gary Dingy) have a unit that is completely programmable.... Just a Thought...

i'm liking curve 2 right now. may take it to a dyno at some point to run the different curves.

Mine limits like it should, I shut the fun down at 9500, if I go to the track I will reset for 10,000 to wring out every drop, but day to day with my shift light at 8800 I hope to keep the motor together a nice long time. The Dyna was mostly for missed gear and false neutral over rev protection, seems to work well for this. I have run curve 4, and am now on curve 3, they both worked well. The extra advance is quite noticeable at light cruise, at steady speeds under 40 mph with almost no load the bike is alway just on the edge of or even getting into over run. Lots of mid range. But I got it for the limiter after a few unintended brushes with 11,000+ its cheap insurance.

Mine limits like it should, I shut the fun down at 9500, if I go to the track I will reset for 10,000 to wring out every drop, but day to day with my shift light at 8800 I hope to keep the motor together a nice long time. The Dyna was mostly for missed gear and false neutral over rev protection, seems to work well for this. I have run curve 4, and am now on curve 3, they both worked well. The extra advance is quite noticeable at light cruise, at steady speeds under 40 mph with almost no load the bike is alway just on the edge of or even getting into over run. Lots of mid range. But I got it for the limiter after a few unintended brushes with 11,000+ its cheap insurance.

me too couple times getting off the highway my hearing was shot so i couldn't hear the engine properly....

I've pointed this out before but it's worth repeating.

The curve sheet andd curve settings for the Dyna, late model style is mis-leading.

Curve 4 is the most agressive curve it has! Carrying with it the need to be on the watch for det. & pre-ign.

Curve 5 is below curve 4 in agressivity

Pull the Pdf cut sheet off their website and you'll see this.

I've talked to Dyna and they said that it is not a mis-print or typo.

I run mine on curve 5

It limits great on my bike, softly........I've had rev-limiters that are "hard" limiters and they are extremely annoying, like having the damn key turned on and off and back firing the exhaust...Yuk!

Thanks Rusty! I never took the time to study the curves. It was on #3 when I bought it and I haven't played with it at all.

i've said it before and i'll say it again would people be interested in taking up a collection and paying the dyno fee's (i'll put in too) to see what each curve makes as far as power difference? i bet it'd be $75ish.

John Gainey with PCW told me on the phone that they put full timing marks on a flywheel so they could graph out the curves and that he wasn't real impressed with the Dyna; something about consistency, said the stockers better.

I have had good luck with mine tho

id think most guys use it for the rev limited over an actual ignition changer too tho eh?

its too bad no one makes a rev limiter that just plugs into the stock ignition

id think most guys use it for the rev limited over an actual ignition changer too tho eh?

its too bad no one makes a rev limiter that just plugs into the stock ignition

I think that's accurate, I know that's why I bought mine.

I set mine on #4 while playing around, then set on #3 for every day use, i placed it where making changes are easy.

Latest posts

Back