Dynatek 3000 questions.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuda1

Reaction score
Just got the dynatek 3000 for my max and thought I was already to start flippin switches to set the advance and guess what?....... no dip switches, the instructions say it has 2 tunes preset and to even switch between them you need the handlebar mount switch. I tried to find one and could not even find it on the dynatek web site. Anybody buy one somewhere?
I did download the software for my pc that lets you hook up a USB cable and it scans the unit. Pretty cool keeps track of how many wide open throttles you have done, how fast you have gone etc. So is anyone using the new model 3000?

From what most people I have witness using Dyna ignitions, they leave them in stock mode and make the most power. So pretty much an expensive rev limiter. But a new version would be interested to hear about.

My cdi was shot I had already took it apart and did some soldering then it went again so I ordered the dynatek because it was cheaper and was supposed to have some spark benefits.

From what most people I have witness using Dyna ignitions, they leave them in stock mode and make the most power. So pretty much an expensive rev limiter. But a new version would be interested to hear about.

Yes, but as was mentioned, cheaper than the stock box once yours starts misbehaving. And the rev limiter? Safety net for overly-enthusiastic right-wrist-turners. :biglaugh: I have one and am glad I have it.

Yes, but as was mentioned, cheaper than the stock box once yours starts misbehaving. And the rev limiter? Safety net for overly-enthusiastic right-wrist-turners. :biglaugh: I have one and am glad I have it.

+1

The timing retard curves a nice for turbo/supercharger/nitrous applications.

Just got the dynatek 3000 for my max and thought I was already to start flippin switches to set the advance and guess what?....... no dip switches, the instructions say it has 2 tunes preset and to even switch between them you need the handlebar mount switch. I tried to find one and could not even find it on the dynatek web site. Anybody buy one somewhere?
I did download the software for my pc that lets you hook up a USB cable and it scans the unit. Pretty cool keeps track of how many wide open throttles you have done, how fast you have gone etc. So is anyone using the new model 3000?

Hope they sent you the right one. All I have ever seen is the one with the dip switches. :confused2:

Weird, you sure you got the right unit or the right instructions?

I downloaded the instructions for mine bought used and yes it has the dip-switches. I have left it in the stock setting for now, I did try it briefly in another setting, but that was when I was trying to diagnose a bad pick-up coil. I thought it might be the Dyna, so I removed it, but have since replaced it.

Unless they have a 'Mark II' design, I wonder about the correct unit. I guess it must be for your bike, because you're using it, and it has to plug-in, right? Strange there are no switches.

Yea I got the right one it is the new model I guess.
1990-2007 vmax 1200 D3K7-6 PN 1101488

I left mine on the lowest setting, gained MPG and Rev Limiter.
I Love it but may experiment with settings some day.

Is there a link on Dyna to this new unit?

Surprises me that they updated it. I'm surprised they haven't quit making them altogether due to poor volume

Weird, on the Dynatek site, they list the Dyna 3000 (D3k7-6) for Vmax years 1990-2012. I know some of the new ones act as a fuel management system along with its ignition duties, but I didn't know the Gen II and the GenIb ignitions were that similar.

vjin.jpg

They have not updated the site because in the manual section for downloads it has a totally different instructions then the ones that came with my unit. On another note besides the factory style connectors there is a bundle of about 5 extra wires that can be used for other things like contolling relays, the handle bar mount switch etc etc. I did not hook up any of the wires just the stock ones to get the bike running. Did the old units have extra wires?

Gen 1 has no throttle position sensor, or electronic speed sensor...

Have you actually installed it?

It fits?

You have a gen 1 right?

As posted before by someone else they do list a D3K7-6 for 1990-2012 but I gotta call bullchit on Dyna's website accuracy (not yours)..., there's no way gen 1 and gen 2 are compatible........

Who'd you buy it from?

Have you actually installed it?
It fits?

You have a gen 1 right?

As posted before by someone else they do list a D3K7-6 for 1990-2012 but I gotta call bullchit on Dyna's website accuracy (not yours)..., there's no way gen 1 and gen 2 are compatible........

Who'd you buy it from?
Yea their site is wrong but the instuctions clearly say 1990-2007 vmax 1200.
I have the Gen 1 and it is hooked up and running right now.

Is this a case of, "unit in picture may not represent your application exactly?"

The Gen 1 connections are two, not three, and none are as-small molex plugs as are shown on that unit in the thread. The M-F are flat individual connectors in a nylon rectangular body. I'd show my installation for a pic but I'm off to run an errand in Miami.

Where can you get this new style?

I'd love to be able to pc interface with it.

And could add the sensors to use the features like TPS, Speed etc.

Would be really cool to use a pc instead of having to poke around in that spider hole with a flashlight and screwdriver trying to play with dip switches.

I would order right from dynatek because I orderd through classic cruisers because the web site said it was in stock but it was not and took awhile to get it.

Back