Dyno numbers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZX1441r

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the Hindle system along with the air box mod and ecu flash. 186 HP / 119 FT LBS of torque !! Sound about right ? Stock was 170 HP / 112 FT LBS of torque.

Looks about right are those sae smoothing 5 results most realistic numbers or std results which show higher numbers. I also herd dynojet did a software update to there dynos and now the results are more realistic for dyno hp results so numbers are down compared to there past years results. Tim Nash told me this i trust his results 100%

I'm gonna go get mine on the dyno. I did the voodoo cans and Y pipe, Nash flash, air box mod with a K&N, I'm gonna Dyno it with that, then I'm gonna have the PCv done and tuned in. Sometime in the near future, I'm gonna try to pick a cooler day when the air is more dense lol.

Mine is a 2009 I purchased used in 2010. The original owner installed the original X-Pipe. When I purchased it I opened up the original mufflers just a bit basically for sound. That's it for performance mods - NO FLASH.

Dynoed on 7/17/2010 at 171.58 HP then dynoed on 7/29/2017 at 171.51 HP. Both SAE numbers on two totally separate dynos. So pretty consistent numbers on two separate dynos 7 years apart.

I'm 66 years old so it is plenty of power for me. I have the AIS blocked off but I do get a very little decal pop & a little pop between first & second gear. Other than that the bike runs great with no flat spots.

I have been hesitant to do the air box mod & flash because along with that is the DD clutch mod. I have a left hand injury that makes my grip a little weak & I really do not want a harder clutch pull. Also I really do not want to reduce fuel mileage. Our V-maxes get poor fuel mileage at it is.

Bike runs great & it has been running this way for 10+ years now. But since I have the slight decal pop I am sure it is running a little lean. So I am always concerned that I am doing damage to the engine.

I welcome any thoughts on this.

Mine is a 2009 I purchased used in 2010. The original owner installed the original X-Pipe. When I purchased it I opened up the original mufflers just a bit basically for sound. That's it for performance mods - NO FLASH.

Dynoed on 7/17/2010 at 171.58 HP then dynoed on 7/29/2017 at 171.51 HP. Both SAE numbers on two totally separate dynos. So pretty consistent numbers on two separate dynos 7 years apart.

I'm 66 years old so it is plenty of power for me. I have the AIS blocked off but I do get a very little decal pop & a little pop between first & second gear. Other than that the bike runs great with no flat spots.

I have been hesitant to do the air box mod & flash because along with that is the DD clutch mod. I have a left hand injury that makes my grip a little weak & I really do not want a harder clutch pull. Also I really do not want to reduce fuel mileage. Our V-maxes get poor fuel mileage at it is.

Bike runs great & it has been running this way for 10+ years now. But since I have the slight decal pop I am sure it is running a little lean. So I am always concerned that I am doing damage to the engine.

I welcome any thoughts on this.
Maybe the GURU flash?

Latest posts

Back