Dyno Shoot Out and Bikini Bike Wash!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!!!!
Central Florida area.
Saturday 9/27/08
Kissimmee MotorSports is having their Fall Celebration.
http://www.mykissimmeemotorsports.com/default.asp
(go to events calender)
FALL CELEBRATION 2008 09/27/2008 - 09/27/2008 Come join us for Free food, Free dyno runs, Free bikini wash and Free oil changes with safety inspection for $19.99 and much more. Call for more info.

I'm putting my MAX on the Dyno.
Anyone wanna come and beat me???
:punk:

Well naturally, I have plans so then Murphy comes along anf effs em up.
Tonight on my way home my Max died on me in traffic.
The fuel light came on, I switched to reserve. 3 miles later the bike just dies.
So I put it in neutral and try to start it. Starter just turns once and then nothing. So I push the bike off to a side street. Wait 15 minutes. The bike starts up. I put my helmet back on and get back in traffic. Get about 50 yards bike dies again. Put it in neutral, try to start, 1 turn over and nothing.
So I wait another 15 minutes and still one turn over then nothing. Then nothing but clicking from the starter.
So I push the bike uphill another 50 yards to a parking lot. Wait half and hour, still 1 turn over then clicking. I open the fuel tank, shine my little high power led in there and it has fuel, it's clean no gunk or debris, I can see the little solenoid thingy at the bottom and fuel is covering it. Monkey around with the fuel switch back and forth, still one turn over then clicking.
I then call my buddy from work, he brings a battery jumper and a 10mm wrench. I take the seat off, hook up the battery booster, vroom 1 turn over and it starts.
Ride to the gas station, fill the tank, starts right up, ran like a raped ape all the way home.

So It looks like I will be puttng in a new battery and doing the crimp fix and all that this weekend instead of going to the dyno shoot out.
:bang head:

Robert, I would check all your charging connections and then follow that fault finding diagram...just to be sure it's truly a problem with the battery.

Robert, I would check all your charging connections and then follow that fault finding diagram...just to be sure it's truly a problem with the battery.

After It started and I ran less than a mile to the gas station, it started just fine, so I think the charging part is working, otherwise the battery still would have been week after I put gas in.
I need to replace the battery with a gel cell anyway. It only has a hard time starting when it's hot. I've been meaning to do it, but since I started starting it in neutral all the time, I haven't had any problems till tonight.
But yeah I'm going to go through the whole thing this weekend and check everything. R/R wires, grounds, connectors.
I'm making a list of everything I'm going to need to upgrade all that stuff. While I'm at at I'll probably do the headlight relay and the thermostat upgrade and the battery just to get it all done at once.

Well naturally, I have plans so then Murphy comes along anf effs em up.
Tonight on my way home my Max died on me in traffic.
The fuel light came on, I switched to reserve. 3 miles later the bike just dies.
So I put it in neutral and try to start it. Starter just turns once and then nothing. So I push the bike off to a side street. Wait 15 minutes. The bike starts up. I put my helmet back on and get back in traffic. Get about 50 yards bike dies again. Put it in neutral, try to start, 1 turn over and nothing.
So I wait another 15 minutes and still one turn over then nothing. Then nothing but clicking from the starter.
So I push the bike uphill another 50 yards to a parking lot. Wait half and hour, still 1 turn over then clicking. I open the fuel tank, shine my little high power led in there and it has fuel, it's clean no gunk or debris, I can see the little solenoid thingy at the bottom and fuel is covering it. Monkey around with the fuel switch back and forth, still one turn over then clicking.
I then call my buddy from work, he brings a battery jumper and a 10mm wrench. I take the seat off, hook up the battery booster, vroom 1 turn over and it starts.
Ride to the gas station, fill the tank, starts right up, ran like a raped ape all the way home.

So It looks like I will be puttng in a new battery and doing the crimp fix and all that this weekend instead of going to the dyno shoot out.
:bang head:

Well, that really stinks Cowboy!! Friggin' Murphy!

Hope it all works out for ya', you're always welcome to ride up for the 'Parkas & Galoshes, Bike Hose Down' in northern NY.

Free coffee too! :biglaugh: LOL

Well, that really stinks Cowboy!! Friggin' Murphy!

Hope it all works out for ya', you're always welcome to ride up for the 'Parkas & Galoshes, Bike Hose Down' in northern NY.

Free coffee too! :biglaugh: LOL

I decided I'm not going to have the battery by Saturday. So I'm going to the shootout Saturday after all. I'll do all the fixin next weekend. I rode to work this mourning and went to lunch and back with no issues or problems.

Take that Murphy!!! Your gonna have to ride hard to keep up with me if you want another crack at me.

Latest posts

Back