Dyno Testing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
OK guys/gals. This thread is going to be used to document some dyno testing we are doing all on the same bike. Please don't bother posting your information here as I want this all to be on the same bike for about as good a comparison as we will ever get. The next post will be the one with info so far and may be edited as I get additional information on the complete setups.

Sean

What I have so far and will try to clarify more info as I get it:

104hp 73tq A/F13.4 All stock W/Jardine Slip-ons

106hp 76tq A/F 13.4 All stock W/Jardine Slip-ons Packing out and drilled end caps

116hp 78tq A/F 14.2 UFO Dragstar 4-1. Stock Carbs. Stock Box holes drilled front rear in base. 165mains. lean

118hp 78tq A/F 12.8 UFO Dragstar 4-1. Dynojet Stage 7. 160mains

119hp 78tq A/F 13.1 UFO Dragstar 4-1. Muscle jet Kit

121hp 80tq A/f 13.0 UFO Dragstar 4-1. Stock carbs, 165 mains, Needles shimmed out, a/f screws out 3 turns, stg7 air filters, air box drilled more.

Lost 2 hp and tq Dyna 3000 Module. on # 4 and 5. Tested both ways from stock and back

awesome info sean. couple questions.

1. what year is the bike? miles?

2. What compression are the cylinders getting?

3. is the a/f an average from 1k or something to redline?

4. the setup with the highest HP, did u put the cone filters inside the airbox? then get rid of the stock filter and put bigger holes in the Y?

I will in the interest of knowledge try and get that info and more BUT, as long as those variables stay the same the numbers will all be worthy of comparing to the other tests. They will NOT be a direct comparison to anyone else's numbers since every bike and engine is different.

We are trying to tune each combination to peak as well to make it as fair as possible. I do have a set of flatslides we will be adding to the test at some point too. Coming up will be the UFO 4-2 system (not made anymore), then the Kerker and old style Hindle systems.

After that is done we may start asking to borrow other systems to test.

Sean

I will in the interest of knowledge try and get that info and more BUT, as long as those variables stay the same the numbers will all be worthy of comparing to the other tests. They will NOT be a direct comparison to anyone else's numbers since every bike and engine is different.

We are trying to tune each combination to peak as well to make it as fair as possible. I do have a set of flatslides we will be adding to the test at some point too. Coming up will be the UFO 4-2 system (not made anymore), then the Kerker and old style Hindle systems.

After that is done we may start asking to borrow other systems to test.

Sean

Sounds good. As said before you can use my 4 - 2 with 17" cans walker before you re-coat it. Should actually have that mailed out by next week.

If you have 1300cc on hand with DJS7 and K$N's then i will borrow you mine Mark 4-2-1 for testing LOL :D

Why 2hp and torque are lost due using dyna3000?

Not sure why. It is what it is though. I need to re-iterate that these are preliminary numbers and are peak numbers. I will try to either get the graphs or break down average numbers if I can so you can see if the changes help more in one range vs another. A couple of peak HP doesn't mean a whole lot if you get 10hp across the midrange.

Sean

Not sure why. It is what it is though. I need to re-iterate that these are preliminary numbers and are peak numbers. I will try to either get the graphs or break down average numbers if I can so you can see if the changes help more in one range vs another. A couple of peak HP doesn't mean a whole lot if you get 10hp across the midrange.

Sean

Now i get it. You was refering about 2hp loss but on peak power.

Graphs would be awsome Sean.

I was always wnder about my v-max numbers :ummm:
1300cc from you, DJS7, Mark 4-2-1 and dyna with #4. :confused2:

are you aslo making note of ambient temp and humidity.or is it not a significant enough consideration?:ummm: I can feel a difference in power between 45 and dry or 95 and humid when Im ridin twisted.

Should be in the 130's and low-mid 80's on torque.

Sean

I hope to get that numbers. Always wanna check that but its dificult in PL as you know.
I wanna to dyno my v-max at spring/summer but need to plan a trip to Chech Republic. Most defo ill do that but when i cant tell.
And of course ill share my results here.

Last edited:
The dyno numbers will be corrected so it won't matter on the day or conditions. If I can get the graphs they usually have that info on them.

Sean

Back