Dyno'd the bike today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks dmann. I do need to post on this thread everything that I found.....and changed since the last dyno run, that way it's all in one place for people to have one source for what I've done.....and found out.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Nice, I'm looking forward to seeing how much you gained in HP with those issues resolved.

I bet you'll be at least up to around 115hp, if not above that. Regardless, the better mileage is a good benefit.

I bet you'll be at least up to around 115hp, if not above that. Regardless, the better mileage is a good benefit.

Thanks. One thing that doesnt help is the rear wheel. Its an RC wheel....and its heavy. It was 44 lbs with bushings....bearings...etc. Sean figures that I'm losing about 4 hp due to the weight vs a stock wheel.

You have to admit even with all of that....the bike sounds good. The gap that i was running at Eureka Springs was .035, and the bike sounds mean....

Thanks for posting Eric. That's how we all learn from each other. I was thinking, the dyno might be stealing some hp from you too. On a different dyno you might be up a few hp more?

Nice, you're getting there Eric !
I definitely hope to see your bike hit 120 RWHP.

Thanks for posting Eric. That's how we all learn from each other. I was thinking, the dyno might be stealing some hp from you too. On a different dyno you might be up a few hp more?
I've wondered the same thing myself...but if I swapped now and got an increase....I wouldn't know if it was because of a friendly dyno or because I was actually making more hp.

Stock carbs stock pipe 152.5 mains 90 air jet- cops with iridium plugs gapped 26---44mpg.
I rode 88 miles to pick up tb99's and stopped and only got 2 gallons in it.
Rebuilt his carbs and put them on mine to test them-stage 1 needles were at 3 from blunt with 170 kit jets and 90 air-He has single K&N as I do alsoand 2brothers full exhaust.
I hit the gas with his carbs and my front tire goes straight up!! 2nd gear never pulled hard ever and the vboost felt like a powerful shot of nos.
I put 157.5 mikuni's as i have stock needles back in my carbs and drove 88 miles back to tb99's and when i filled back up---2.2 gallons.
I am at 60 feet altitude and going to his place in lake elsinore it gets up to 5500 feet altitude. Hiway 74 all the way from me to him. The rode is nicknamed "palms to pines".
Traumahawk, i have no resistors on a '85 model --- Think i should gap 35?
I don't want to gap the iridium but i will some ngk's.

Stock carbs stock pipe 152.5 mains 90 air jet- cops with iridium plugs gapped 26---44mpg.
I rode 88 miles to pick up tb99's and stopped and only got 2 gallons in it.
Rebuilt his carbs and put them on mine to test them-stage 1 needles were at 3 from blunt with 170 kit jets and 90 air-He has single K&N as I do alsoand 2brothers full exhaust.
I hit the gas with his carbs and my front tire goes straight up!! 2nd gear never pulled hard ever and the vboost felt like a powerful shot of nos.
I put 157.5 mikuni's as i have stock needles back in my carbs and drove 88 miles back to tb99's and when i filled back up---2.2 gallons.
I am at 60 feet altitude and going to his place in lake elsinore it gets up to 5500 feet altitude. Hiway 74 all the way from me to him. The rode is nicknamed "palms to pines".
Traumahawk, i have no resistors on a '85 model --- Think i should gap 35?
I don't want to gap the iridium but i will some ngk's.

Is this with the ignitech ECU (TCI) or the stock one? I would go ahead and try it.

There has always been the question of whether or not to run unresistored cops with the analog tci. ...but I believe that Bill Seward has done it with no issue. I DO KNOW the older dyna 3000 will not work with unresistored cops. So yep....I would try it.

I have to say that blaxmax told me he did his because bill seward told him he did not need resistors.
We all 3 have '85's and no resistors.
Thanks for the info traumahawk, i will try a set of ngk's at 35 to start and will keep you updated.

So i pulled the iridiums that were gapped at 27 and gapped a stock set of ngk's at 38 and the responce was tremendous!!!
The iridiums were pure white. After 88 miles i will let you know the mileage.
I hope the hell i'm not hijacking your thread traumahawk.
Just hoping it helps some others.

Hey I don't mind at all. I'm like you....post all the information you can.

Latest posts

Back