DynoJet Power Commander V

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2014 Vmax . Looking to put on a delkevic exhaust that is a cat delete. I have a K&N filter that I will be doing the air box mod. I have the exup valve servo eliminator . Do I need to purchase this Dynojet Power commander to make my bike run better? Is it easy to set it up myself or do I need to take it to a mechanic?
Thanks for the help!

how long dose it take ? how much dose it cost ?

The ECU is usually turned around in a couple of days.

The re-flash costs $550. It's money well spent....... you'll be very happy with the many improvements it makes to to the way the bike runs. Much more cost effective than a Power Commander and dyno tune.

http://guruedgear.com/

I just had mine reflashed. Bike came with the PCV/autotune when I bought it. You can use the PCV to get more out of the bike but the reflash is a monumental step forward, more than what the PCV alone will do.

I have a 2014 I put a K&N filter vance and hines exhaust deleted cat had C&A customs of Tacoma WA. install power commander and dyno and tune bike runs great . 186 rear wheel hp and 124 tq

I have a 2014 I put a K&N filter vance and hines exhaust deleted cat had C&A customs of Tacoma WA. install power commander and dyno and tune bike runs great . 186 rear wheel hp and 124 tq
When you say “install power commander and dyno and tune” I assume that means just installing the power commander with their downloadable tune wasn’t enough? Is that correct?

When you say “install power commander and dyno and tune” I assume that means just installing the power commander with their downloadable tune wasn’t enough? Is that correct?
Your correct they did a custom tune on the dyno.

Thanks for the reply. I am currently trying to decide whether to get an ecu reflash or just buy the power commander instead?

We normally suggest both mods. The reflash (which we can help arrange with an exchange) AND the PC-V to get the fine tune specific to your bike and location. Many would be happy with the flash only. The PC-V cannot unlock the main restrictions in the OEM ecu or provide an adequate bypass.

I follow "Moore Mafia" for info on flashes, what he has done for the MT-10 for a few hundred dollars is amazing, 158 HP 80 FPT, but he does not do MAX.

I know the reflashed ecu gets rid of the factory limitations. Feom the factory the gen 2 is governed to 138 top speed and in first and second gear, the throttle bodies are governed to approx 30% opening until approx 40 mph. Also according to Tim....from the factory 1 cylinder is slightly lean....and 1 is slightly rich. He balances the injectors in his reflash.

Speed has nothing to do with the throttle. Here is 5th gear throttle map all rpm based. It dumps the throttle which kills power.

I know the reflashed ecu gets rid of the factory limitations. Feom the factory the gen 2 is governed to 138 top speed and in first and second gear, the throttle bodies are governed to approx 30% opening until approx 40 mph. Also according to Tim....from the factory 1 cylinder is slightly lean....and 1 is slightly rich. He balances the injectors in his reflash.
Do you know if it gets rid of some or all of the throttle on/off snatch?

Latest posts

Back