Dynojet quickshifter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question about these devices, what happens if they fail? Do you break parts when it doesn’t operate correctly? Like ruin a clutch or strip a gear? Really want one but at the same time, I dont want any extra maintenance because of it.

I have a question about these devices, what happens if they fail? Do you break parts when it doesn’t operate correctly? Like ruin a clutch or strip a gear? Really want one but at the same time, I dont want any extra maintenance because of it.

I have the healtech app on my phone. I do NOT have the healtech quickshifter.....still looking at which one that I want. That being said, it looks like if the sensor goes out, you can see it on the screen. Now....would you get an alert, I dont think so, but it looks like it would tell you the condition of the system (as far as the sensor goes).....etc.

It can also be mounted on the bolt on the linkage and provide both up and down shifts.
Up and down you say? not "you have to choose one or another" ??
Been hunting for a quickshifter with auto-blipper in the same package for some time now...in 99% of the cases you have to choose...

Up and down you say? not "you have to choose one or another" ??
Been hunting for a quickshifter with auto-blipper in the same package for some time now...in 99% of the cases you have to choose...
Every time you squeeze the sensor on a HealTech quickshifter you get a timed ignition kill. In certain mounting conditions, you will end up squeezing the sensor whether you are up or down shifting. Mounting the sensor on the shift lever retaining bolt will yield such effect. Mounting it "inline" on the linkage will only yield pressure for upshifting.

I have the healtech app on my phone. I do NOT have the healtech quickshifter.....still looking at which one that I want. That being said, it looks like if the sensor goes out, you can see it on the screen. Now....would you get an alert, I dont think so, but it looks like it would tell you the condition of the system (as far as the sensor goes).....etc.
If you have a quickshifter and it quits working, you will know it right away. Mostly, it simply won't shift. No harm done, just frustrating.
The HealTech sensor is extremely reliable, and I have yet to have one fail in 4-5 years use. The app will of course tell you if you have an issue, but you'll figure it out quickly if it quits working. HealTech also have a 2 year warranty on their products, and they definitely stand behind them.

Every time you squeeze the sensor on a HealTech quickshifter you get a timed ignition kill. In certain mounting conditions, you will end up squeezing the sensor whether you are up or down shifting. Mounting the sensor on the shift lever retaining bolt will yield such effect. Mounting it "inline" on the linkage will only yield pressure for upshifting.

Puck, can you post a pic of how yours is mounted?

I appreciate you. Been salty about no cruise control since day one. Just found my birthday present.
I have tried to get in contact with them but no response yet... had some questions (5-6) and I think it was to much for them... :D

Puck, Did you ever try and mount yours on a bolt, or just inline on the shift rod?

I went ahead and got the healtech quickshifter, and installed it exactly like recommended. It works amazingly well. Very clean.

Attachments

• 86276645_179662790025954_8594874525944905728_n.jpg
    86276645_179662790025954_8594874525944905728_n.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 84612441_178500443372431_6106493349361876992_n.jpg
    84612441_178500443372431_6106493349361876992_n.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 84515647_276557289984422_4239229194707402752_n.jpg
    84515647_276557289984422_4239229194707402752_n.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 95
Eric..nice!

This kills ignition only correct?

The Dynojet kills fuel, some kill both.

I'm not aware of any advantages of one over another. The ignition type that I've heard on sportbikes do make a cool popping sound that I assume is the bit of unburned fuel that is lighting off when the ignition comes back.

Eric..nice!

This kills ignition only correct?

The Dynojet kills fuel, some kill both.

I'm not aware of any advantages of one over another. The ignition type that I've heard on sportbikes do make a cool popping sound that I assume is the bit of unburned fuel that is lighting off when the ignition comes back.

Yes this is ignition only. There was a guy with a youtube video (FJR I think?), and he talked about the healtech sensor being to twitchy......so it had to be installed on the shifter rod. I installed it exactly like the specs by healtech. the bolt has to be tightened to 5 mn or 44 in/lbs. I have used this at full throttle and part throttle. and even with a downshift.

If you're going to run any sort of add on performance enhancer (turbo/supercharger), I HIGHLY suggest to NOT use any sort of rev limiter or fuel based killing system as that will torch the motor almost instantly.

I also have 7 more of the heavy duty shifter brackets for sale. A lot better than the piece of crap that comes with the kit. $40 shipped to the lower 48 USA. Out of country price is $35 plus shipping to your destination. Thanks.
Do you still have quick shifters ?

Did it require alot of removing parts to route cables tidily? I'm tempted to get this one too, but don't have any good place to work on a bike.

I had to take the airbox off to route everything, and then back on. Wasnt bad at all.

Back