Easier Fuel Injection For Vmax - Roadstercycles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil-3446

Reaction score
Neil you like looking for problems :biglaugh:

"Problem" is my middle name :biglaugh:

Too true, I always seem to have too many irons in the fire. As I get older, I'm getting better at one project at a time, just takes me longer to do it.

Peace
Neil

I like the looks of this but like Gleno I would like to see some performance numbers.The 35mm butterflies could restrict the power too much even with the EFI.

If they can be bored out that would help increase power again. I don't really expect you to see much of a gain in HP with the EFI over a well tuned carb set. They will however give you easier starting and should be less hassle in the long run. It may give you better economy but I can't imagine much better again then a set of carbs setup correctly.

Sean

If they can be bored out that would help increase power again. I don't really expect you to see much of a gain in HP with the EFI over a well tuned carb set. They will however give you easier starting and should be less hassle in the long run. It may give you better economy but I can't imagine much better again then a set of carbs setup correctly.

Sean
The stock carbs have been bored before.I heard that they junked 6 or 8 of them to get 4 usable ones.They then had to use figure 8 shaped butterflies because the bores had to be offset to stay out of the internal fuel and air circuts.The set that was done was called the devil carbs.Supposedly 3 or 4 different people that tried running them all ended up wrecking their bikes.I wonder who has them now?

Not sure. I can tell you that the stock betterflies are not simply round. They are indeed oval shaped.

Sean

I like the setup. It's cheap, simple and reversible.

I can see that it would improve starting (any starting) and give better control of the overall stoichiometric ratio throughout the RPM range.

All other benefits com from whatever ECU and sensors you choose.

Volumetric efficiency would not change without structural mods to the inlets and ports.

The standard 35mm butterfly valves are 7mm and 10mm smaller than the Wild Bros setups but maybe the bellmouths in the standard airbox still get enough air into the system to do the job.

I'm really tempted to do this mod because I've decided EFI is my next mod but not decided on the components yet.

Wish there were some dyno figures.

Back