Easy front fender alternative

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
You can swoop one of these things off Ebay for $30.
Front fender off a 07 CBR 600R/R...

You need to notch the top slightly to use the frame brace and that the hardest part (taking all of 10 minutes with a Dremmel)

I made some brackets from the brakes to the bottom of the fender with some stainless.

The ONLY bad part is you have to take the front tire off to install it because this fender is wider...I wont go too much into detail but you put the top brace on,then bolt the fender on from underneath.

Just thought it looked pretty good,fits my bikes nasty atttitude

Attachments

• DSCN0061.jpg
    DSCN0061.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCN0062.jpg
    DSCN0062.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 301
  • DSCN0063.jpg
    DSCN0063.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 296
would the fit be the same on newer forks?

I really like your bike. That really is a sick front fender for the VMax! Really!

Thanks guys,I love the positive response. Im not sure how it would fit on the later model forks...I guess it would come down to the clearence between the wheel and the fork brace.Is it dofferent on the newer model?

Thanks guys!If you have any questions at all feel free to ask.I would love to see another V-Maxer take a stab at it!

yea i'm not sure honestly ace. i forgot to mention tho i like the look man. u thinking of making a mudguard?

No, not really.My secondary radiator fan takes up alot of space so Im not too worried about it getting hit with gravel or anything.I could really easily but the clearence between the stock fender and the second fan is too close and they hit some times,the new fender not having the back on it keeps it from smacking when I hit speed bumps,pot holes,or coming down from wheelies.I suppose it would be easy to consider that a bad plan for the sake of the radiator but I think It will be fine.My previous bike had no front fender and I never had any problems.Who know...

As for the fitment question I think it would.The clearence is smaller than the stock one but I think the fender space is the same on all the models.

That looks realy cool, something I would like to try :punk:

But mine's a '93 and I'd like it to have a fender extender - thanks for the idea, I'll let you know how it goes

Did you have to drill holes through the top? and was it easy to align these correctly?

07CBR600RR.jpg

I'm think I could graft parts of the old fender to extend the new one :ummm:
VMAX fender.jpg

The more I think about this the more I like it :worthy:

Yes,heres the easy 14 steps to do the whole thing!

1) pull the new fender and fork brace.
2) slide the new fender into place and then put the brace on top of it where you want the brace mounted on the fender.
3) trace the brace with a marker on the fender
4) flip the ORIGINAL fender upside-down on the new fender in the area you just markered.
5) Mark the holes from the old fender on the new by poking your marker through them.
6)drill the holes you marked...this is where it gets tricky...

You have 2 options:
A) grind down the rounded edge of the fork brace to fit the flatter fender.
B) use a Dremel to carve what looks like "check marks" for the edge to slide into on the top of the new fender

*This step is the "hard" one because the new fender is wider and flatter,its easy though

7) now with fender all drilled get your front wheel off and put the fender on first then the fork brace and tighten them up,like a mock up fit
8) make 2 little brackets to go from the brake caliper bolt to the new fender's bottom side hole.
9) pull the whole thing off and paint it to match!
10) DURING THE INSTALL OF PAINTED FENDER MASKING TAPE THE UPER OUTSIDE EDGE OF THE FENDER AND THE INSIDE OF THE FORKS TO PREVENT SCRATHING THE NEW PAINT,ITS A SNUG FIT SO DONT FORGET THIS.
11) slide the new fender in and up,put the fork brace on top and tighten the bolts from underneath the fender.

*YES, THESE 4 BOLTS ARE THE ONLY REASON YOU NEED TO PULL THE FRONT WHEEL,IF YOU FIND A WAY TO DO IT OTHERWISE, YOU ARE MORE RESOURCEFUL THAN ME AND I COMMEND YOU*:confused2:
12)put the wheel back on.
13)put the brakes back on and use the lower brake mount bolt to mount to the lower fender mount bolt.
14) hop on the forum and share your results!:clapping:

Attachments

• bracket.jpg
    bracket.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 37
It does look good, like it was made to fit the Max from the beginning.

np. i'm wondering if a 120 would fit with this, as thats what i'm running.

just a note for the 93 and up guys. You must remove the wheel to gain access to the fender bolts to the bottom side of the brace. The early years could have the fender/brace removed at one time by sliding out from the rear. The forks are wider on the newer bikes which won't allow this.

I like everything except the bracket but it's a necessary evil. Painted black to match your fork would look better. I wonder if the fender can be rotated forward so the lines of the rock guard match the fork? It would expose even more of the rear of the tire to the radiator though.

Also, the OEM fenders are the same for all years so this one should fit very similarly.

Sean

Latest posts

Back