Easy three spoke front rim

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zxjim

Reaction score
Is there a relatively simple three spoke front rim that can be used on a vmax retaining the stock discs/brakes? Just want to match same spoke pattern on rear of bike-thanks, Jim
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Trying to match this...
ad7867b3-0529-109b.jpg

the 'easiest' would probably talk to prezmek he might sell you one or talk to tom from COO.

The easiest way here can provide some problems like speedo gearing, fender spacing etc becouse, almost all of the rims that are possible to convert are 17 inchers. I bealive fzr front rim is easiest to do.

Not so much worried about speedo as using rotors and existing forks...would just step up to whole front end but trying to do this on a budget...

You can use a YZF 750/1000 wheel and make spacers to suit .You also have to grind a bit off your left fork slider and some other things like your speedo drive don't fit .I fitted nissin calipers at the same time and had to use adaptor plates to fit them.It can be done fairly easily.Cheers Kevman.

That is what I was looking for...thank you!

I just bought a '91-'94 FZR 1000 complete front end & complete rear swingarm/shock/brake & rear master cyl to play around with. I was gonna give my machinist a stock rear & the rear FZR wheel to see if he can come up w/an economical mod. From the looks of the wheel width, the swingarm will need to be notched if this is going to work. Since i already have a matching front, I am hoping to have a matching pair of wheels when I am done. I was trying to avoid the front end switchout as the VMax front end is ~1 3/4" lomger than the '91-'94 FZR 1K front, which would probably cause all-kinds of cornering clearance issues when using the FZR & I was not really wanting to buy new longer downtubes to make it work.

Oh yeah, since the downtubes are both 43mm, I may just swap the '91-'94 FZR 1000 front end & brakes into the stock triple trees for a quick daylight "road feasibility study" to check on the cornering clearance. If I like how it works, then I can always change-out the downtubes for longer replacements & fab a headlightr mount.

What year'max do you have? Mine is an 89...

Latest posts

Back