Ebay Rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didnt know he had china rotors!! Should have known that - he's got everything. Was going to get frame braces but looks like it'll be rotors first. thanks.

Good point. We'd need to counterbore a set if used on the 93-07 forks to make sure they cleared the rotor bolts to the fork legs!

Sean

Sean pointed out a couple of things to verify that I actually need new rotors. Got the front end put back together last night but haven't been able to go for a ride. Even so I might still get new ones though because cosmetically they look 100% better than stock . . .

I actually have those rotors (I bought from another dealer). I didnt think to look if they were counter bored before I bought them. I bolted them on, and everything is snug, and there is no interference anywhere....BUT...The clearence between the bolts and the lower portion of the fork is less than 5 thousands on the right side, and 8 thousands on the left. I rode around in town for 45 minutes still with no interference.

Do I need to get them counterbored...if nothing else for my own piece of mind, grind down the tops of the bolts, or leave them as is?

I have an ungraded fork brace, so the forks shouldnt go anywhere.

**Update** I just checked the stock rotors, and they are counterbored over 30 thousandths.

Last edited:
These rotors are the same ones I have up front and back on an 85 and have been very impressed. Look great, so far are holding up very well, and perform as expected. I really don't see any reason to spend the extra money on the more expensive versions.

If you don't have any riding issues then you're ok to use as is for now. There should be no flex of sorts that will cause problems.

Sean

Been using the Tobyhuang rotors (front and rear) for some time now, I don't think they're counterbored, at least the ones on my bike aren't. Its a close fit, but so far no issues. I still couldn't be happier with them.

Latest posts

Back