ebay seller driving me nuts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Constantinos

Reaction score
So I was toying with the idea of buying a belly pan for the Vmax. I know they do not cost a lot of money but after a complete rebuilt, new shocks, new gear and new everything I was running out of cash. I noticed an auction for a used belly pan. Seller had it on his motorcycle. I looked at the photos and everything seemed to be in order. It was on sale for 40 GBP and ended up making a best offer of 35 GBP which was accepted. This is the auction...you can take a look at the photos yourself.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=380889649374&view=all&tid=482042168025

I paid the astounding amount of 40 GBP in shipping costs:bang head: to have the thing shipped to Cyprus. I believe the seller was a bit dishonest here as it costs 35 Euros to send it back to the UK (30 GBP) but oh well.....

Upon arriving at my doorstep this, I opened the box and this is what I found:

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 110
  • $_67.jpg
    $_67.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 102
Now keep in mind that all his photos in his auction were from the sides and the top part of the pan NOT the bottom. Funny thing is I paid the guy three days after the auction ended (it was a weekend) and he opened a case against me on ebay. The case was resolved once I paid on Monday :confused2:

I emailed the seller with the photos and his response was like....yeah I did not mention the blemish but it cannot be seen anyways because it is underneath the bike.

Now YOU tell me whether you would install this on your newly restored VMAX? The thing requires filler, sanding, prepping and paint. Prepping and paint I was prepared for. Putting filler, not so much.

When I confronted him he said "send it back and I will give you a refund" knowing too well that the shipping costs I paid is over and above the price of the pan. Stupid people...KEEP AWAY from that seller btw.

Good morning
I know that dude. The way it went was less than perfect of course. What i would do is open a case for item damaged. You may be able to get a partial refund. The shipping costs may not be out of the normal as you should have asked prior to committing to an offer. Ebay considers shipping charges being all the charges associated with posting the package including the cost of going to post office and such so you cannot argue about that. If you want i can have words with him to see if i can help you out.

Good morning
I know that dude. The way it went was less than perfect of course. What i would do is open a case for item damaged. You may be able to get a partial refund. The shipping costs may not be out of the normal as you should have asked prior to committing to an offer. Ebay considers shipping charges being all the charges associated with posting the package including the cost of going to post office and such so you cannot argue about that. If you want i can have words with him to see if i can help you out.

I did ask for shipping charges and was quoted 40 GBP and I AGREED with this in advance (even though it is on the high side). But that was contingent on the fact that the item was like the seller showed it in the photos. If I knew about the blemish I would have bought a new one for 49 GBP plus 40 GBP shipping.

I did ask for a partial refund through a case on ebay. You can have a word with him if you like. I just do not like people taking me for a ride (fool). Not mentioning that the item was damaged in the auction means that he had an intention of hiding it. Also read his reviews. Another user had a complaint about the seller withholding information on another item (a tank which had a dent and this was not mentioned in the auction).

Yea, eBay is fukkin rediculous anymore. I sold a V65 Magna body set on a Tuesday, and shipped it on Friday. Went away for the weekend, and on Sunday evening, 5 days after the auction ended, he filed a case against me because it wasn't there yet? IN 5 FUKKIN DAYS! Here's the best part, I sent him the tracking numbers and it was delivered on Monday, but since he opened the case on Sunday night, my Paypal account had AUTOMATICALLY been deducted the selling price, which basically put me in the hole 600 bucks! Then this a$$ clown waits 3 days to close the case, the entire time stopping me from buying anything on eBay because my account was in the hole! This is like the 3rd time this has happened to me in the past year, where a seller opens a case within DAYS after not receiving their items! Ebay sucks canal water, and they are only getting worse, you just can't win!!! :bang head:

So I was toying with the idea of buying a belly pan for the Vmax. I know they do not cost a lot of money but after a complete rebuilt, new shocks, new gear and new everything I was running out of cash. I noticed an auction for a used belly pan. Seller had it on his motorcycle. I looked at the photos and everything seemed to be in order. It was on sale for 40 GBP and ended up making a best offer of 35 GBP which was accepted. This is the auction...you can take a look at the photos yourself.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=380889649374&view=all&tid=482042168025

I paid the astounding amount of 40 GBP in shipping costs:bang head: to have the thing shipped to Cyprus. I believe the seller was a bit dishonest here as it costs 35 Euros to send it back to the UK (30 GBP) but oh well.....

Upon arriving at my doorstep this, I opened the box and this is what I found:

im not saying its a good thing but in assuming you were gonna paint it any way get your self some autobody icing from NAPA and sand it down after it dries. looks like its on a nice flat surface and shouldn't be hard to fix. Don't use body filler use icing it wont give you pin holes your not filling a big dent

im not saying its a good thing but in assuming you were gonna paint it any way get your self some autobody icing from NAPA and sand it down after it dries. looks like its on a nice flat surface and shouldn't be hard to fix. Don't use body filler use icing it wont give you pin holes your not filling a big dent

I know mate, it is not the difficulty of the fix that I am pissed off about. It is the fact that the seller withheld information. I could have bought a brand new one for 10 GBP more.

I know mate, it is not the difficulty of the fix that I am pissed off about. It is the fact that the seller withheld information. I could have bought a brand new one for 10 GBP more.

ahh yea if it was only that much more id be really pissed too!! that sucks

I know that its not that much consolation, but give him a bad rating afterwards. The Vmax community pretty well looks after its own, you could always post his name, that way no one else will fall for his scam, but thats up to you.

I am unable to go to that Ebay auction - Ebay says it is over 90 days old and info unavailable.

The latest message I got from the seller through the dispute resolution center:

"hi,sorry to don't mention the blemish wich is not notable underneath the bike and the description is a used part so you can expect some scratches and I don't give you 20 £ because you don't need to repair is just prepare if you want to paint on other colour what I can do is you send me back the belly pan and I give you the refund im being honest you are trying to take some advantage on that to get a lower price on the belly pan"

I like the part that he says that he did not mention the blemish because it is not noticeable underneath combined with his comment that he is being honest!:icon_rolleyes:. I asked for a 20 GBP partial refund to cover the cost of the repair. I know it is all pennies and it is not a significant amount but these sellers who are trying to trick people are really driving me nuts.

Ebay has pissed me off lately. I had my account locked for over a week for something that was not even remotely my fault & the buyer would not have any communication Ebay finally closed it with out the buyers consent over a week later & me making many phone calls they think they are the king & for now they are but good things only last so long. Its like Facebook, myspace circuit city, handy dan things only last for so long & people start looking in new directions to go.

The problem with eBay is it is a monopoly. They have the same mindset as Microsoft, Google and others that control a majority of a market...

Also, sellers cannot leave negative feedback. I have had buyers try to use feedback blackmail to get better pricing either on the item or shipping or get refunds when you know the item was exactly as described and had plenty of pictures to back it up. I even take pictures of the item in its package at the Post Office showing the condition when shipped. I have several horror stories too long to detail here. :bang head:

I have not used Fleabay to sell for YEARS know and it was my primary buy and sell site for years for model plane and Vmax stuff. After seeing and hearing so many bad stories from good people , I just stopped using them and astonished at the fees they were charging. I never got burned but I did sell a body set that the buyer did not pay full postage on even though the wording for shipping was clearly an estimate. I had a guy send me a bent Vmax Radiator after specifically asking if it had any damage and eBay read our posts and sided with me. But that was years ago. Stick with Vmax Forum members or known Vendors.
I do still use Paupal though.

Back